• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted - '73 Rear window defroster toggle switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlicitra

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Fastback
Finishing up my sons first car. Need a replacement switch or good information on how to fix one. His still works, but the toggle is broken off. Still a little piece of the stem remaining. Please help. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a Tutorial on how to replace the stem. The defroster switch is not available but the stem can be removed from a convertible switch and swapped out with your broken on. Have fun!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-rear-defroster-knob-replacement?highlight=defroster+switch

Perfect! Thank you so much! Does anybody have a spare convertible top switch they are willing to part with? This doubles my chances of finding a replacement. Very much appreciated!!
I have new ones

Don

Item #D1ZZ-15668

71-73 CONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCH ASSEMBLY

Includes correct plastic knob and die cast chrome nut. Made exactly like originals. Price: $49.95

David, please let me know exactly what you have and how much you're asking if you're interested in selling. Thank you.

I also have the entire wiring harness including relay. Just no switch. It is easy to replace the knob. I bought the vert top switch from Don and the video is already posted on this thread. PM me if you have additional questions.

Latest posts

Back