What is this on this 2v Intake Mani?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Stock 1973 Mustang Convertible with a 351C 2v and C6
Modified 1970 Mach 1 M-Code with a 351C 4v Manual
Never seen this on a 351C 2v Intake Mani before. Was it stock on some engines? The manifold is from a September built 1973 351C 2v engine. Looks like it connects the two water jackets on the back of the manifold, and what is the fitting for?

There's no water going thru a 351 Cleveland intake. That looks like a thermactor air pipe that's been thru a fire.

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

There's no water going thru a 351 Cleveland intake. That looks like a thermactor air pipe that's been thru a fire.

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk
Thanks. I thought thermactor ports were on the heads. Never saw this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, that's part of the thermactor emissions system (T/E) that started showing up on the 74 cars. That's basically a one year only tube on the 351C since the 351M replaced the 351C  in 75 and changed the way the T/E system was engineered. There was also a check valve in the top of the tube that is missing on that one. More "Stuff" that had a real good possibly of being "Trash Canned" once you got home! Lol

IMG_0776 (2).JPG

Rich, that's part of the thermactor emissions system (T/E) that started showing up on the 74 cars. That's basically a one year only tube on the 351C since the 351M replaced the 351C  in 75 and changed the way the T/E system was engineered. There was also a check valve in the top of the tube that is missing on that one. More "Stuff" that had a real good possibly of being "Trash Canned" once you got home! Lol
The engine block and heads the intake mani is on has a September 74 build, and from the serial number the block was assembled in Atlanta where the Torinos were assembled. So that all adds up.

Thank you.

Back