what to do with all the open hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
Well first off I know my problem, I should not have rebuilt this motor two years ago and now execpt to remember where all this stuff goes.

I have that black canister that has to valve on it that sit right infront of my A/C lines that come out of the heatercore box on the pass side.

In front of that I have that painted blue piece, which I know the big hose did connect to the air breather, but the other hose that is has I am clueless.

m99atf.jpg

2rhpfgz.jpg

I also have a few other pieces that I am going to take pics of and see if anyone can walk me on to where it goes.

There should be a metal line on the firewall that it connects to. The metal line either goes to the fuel tank to vent it, or to the vacuum modulator on the automatic transmission, and then to the fuel tank. If it goes to the transmission, it is separate from the one that connects to the intake manifold.

Yeah I believe the blue can does go to the valve that is located on firewall, I still have two on the black can that sits below the blue one

A wiseman once said " A picture is worth a .....lol.... but take pictures on everthing before you take anything apart. I also started my engine OH in late fall and by the time it was warm enough to continue months had gone by. I still had to ask the queswtions but they made it easier to refer to the Pic's.

Alan L

I am well aware of the pictures taken, and I am glad there are people out there that are smarter and take more time, to save my butt. Awesome pictures thanks bud. I got her to fire up but flames came out of the headers so not sure how I am going to get it to the exhaust shop, I guess a tow is going to be the way she is moving

Back