What's a Shiny Wheel Worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the brighter side, my dog is now in awe of the mystical power keeping him in the yard out of the garden.
Glad you can see a brighter side to this, Zac. :)

Yep, that mystical power keeps their little brains occupied for hours trying to figure it out. At least it did for my neighbor's dog.

Apparently you're only carrying liability coverage, other wise the insurance has to cover it. The only exclusion (if you have full coverage) would be if the damages were "intential", which is not the case in your situation.

Jim
Yeah, turns out that when I had finished my restoration of the car I had given them an updated value but not switched to full vs liability. I just saw the payments changed and assumed that was for both.

Well I went to some shops today for quotes on the repair, and nobody is willing to repair that same fender without some serious cash, so keeping the original metal is probably out of the question. Now its a matter of finding a painter. The lowest I've been quoted is 750 to paint the new fender I bring to them. Moments like this and I wish I knew how to paint. Oh well, I might have something lined up with a friend of a friend. That phrase really puts me at ease. -_-

One guy tried to mark me waaay up on the parts, primarily the fender. Plush he wanted 1200 to paint and blend. That seems high, yeah?

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug2:

So sorry for your misfortune.

But, you have big shoulders to have included it in a post.

It can be fixed for not a huge amount of money

I have to admire you for your truthfulness.

Good things will happen after the bad. Just hang in there. :)

Geez, that made me cringe. :-(

Funny thing is that as soon as I rear that you loosened the nuts on the other rim, I thought, oooh, just make sure you don't forget that.... and I was right.

Been there, done that. But I was licky, I noticed it before the wheel went AWOL. With mine it was just a matter of stopping and retightening them.

Alright guys, I've got my quotes on paint, now I need to get a new fender here since nobody is willing to fix this one. Will I be okay ordering a Dynacorn repop fender, or should I try and see if I can get my hands on an OEM? I would assume that there is going to be a better fit and better steel on a decent condition OEM part, but the two problems are 1- there aren't many 73 donor cars around here. In fact - I've only ever found 1 within 100 miles, and 2- I wouldn't be able to tell what kind of condition a scrap fender was in aside from rust, dings and other such things.

Any opinions/advice on the Dynacorn?

Back