Wheel Spacers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
I have to run wheel spacers to mount the wheels I like: 1.5" front adapters and 0.5" rear spacers. Many vendors sell these as a kit so I have to assume that many people run these things. I did some online research and there are so many opinions about pros and cons that i'm not really sure what to do. Obviously it would be better to run wheels with a greater offset but I don't have that kind of coin right now.

What negative effects do wheel spacers/adapters present? Does it negatively affect drivability in high speed street driving, like on the freeway? Mechanically, what can I expect (increased bearing wear)?

Thanks fellas!

I have been running 1.25 inch spacers on all four wheels for years. Can't tell any difference. Just make sure you follow the install instructions carefully to get them centered and you'll be fine. I do check the nuts every time I have a wheel off but other than that you don't even know they are there. Would I want to road race with them? Probably not but for street driving they are fine.

I have been running 1.25 inch spacers on all four wheels for years. Can't tell any difference. Just make sure you follow the install instructions carefully to get them centered and you'll be fine. I do check the nuts every time I have a wheel off but other than that you don't even know they are there. Would I want to road race with them? Probably not but for street driving they are fine.
+1

I will be running them too ! I would buy high quality ones though Street or track has some really good ones reasonable..Those are the ones I'm using

http://www.streetortrack.com/Billet-Spacers-c-1420.html

Tell Shaun your a member here & Saw the frt setup I did..

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 1/2 spacers in the on street and I've drag raced them on there and I've gone 110+mph, no problem!!!

I, and many 94-04 cobra mustangs brake users have to use spacers to use 15 inch rims. On my race slicks, I use a 1' spacer to fit a 15x4 on a 13 inch rotor. Now I don't use a spacer in the rear but cobra guys use a 1/4 spacer. I just grinder the head of the banjo bolt. Of course I used this at no problem!!!

Back