Wheels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
What was the original wheel style on a 73 Mach 1? I see a lot of people like the Magnum 500's, I personally like the 5 spoke type star pattern wheels. I'm looking for something that of course will fit, but that is kind of period correct. There are a lot of different prices for wheels from $130 each, to $1,000 each. So if anyone can post some suggestions that would be great. These are the current wheels it has, and if anyone knows the name of the that would be great too:

View attachment 1N5A4760.jpg

Get that Marti Report, it will tell you if the wheels were upgraded.

I'm no expert but those wheels look like Cragar drag wheels.
Ah ok, lol still waiting for the Marti report to come. Thanks for the post

those are after market, I belive they came with the sport wheel covers, or the Magnum 500. or the ANSEN aluminim wheels.

did you get the Marti Report yet?

those are after market, I belive they came with the sport wheel covers, or the Magnum 500. or the ANSEN aluminim wheels.

I ordered the deluxe report, and it's been about 4 days or so now, and it said 3-5 so I'm hoping I get it soon. And thanks for the wheels

I ordered the deluxe report, and it's been about 4 days or so now, and it said 3-5 so I'm hoping I get it soon. And thanks for the wheels
Post it up when you get it, and we can help you decode it.

Well if they been upgraded...They will come with wheels like mine..Only slotted mags come on the 1973 mustangs as a upgrade.."not only" but i guess i should say first year for them on mustangs....Which i think look great with the right tires...And with all the options on your car..I wouldnt dout they come with the same rims...But you never know till the marti report shows up..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Post it up when you get it, and we can help you decode it.
Will do

Well if they been upgraded...They will come with wheels like mine...Only slotted mags come on the 1973 mustangs as a upgrade...Which i think look great with the right tires...And with all the options on your car..I wouldnt dout they come with the same rims...But you never know till the marti report shows up..lol
Those are really nice looking! And good old marti report haha

I love those Ansen Slot wheels. Unfortunately I am looking for custom backspaces on a 17 inch wheel. I don't really want to spend $1000 each.

I love those Ansen Slot wheels. Unfortunately I am looking for custom backspaces on a 17 inch wheel. I don't really want to spend $1000 each.
They do look really good, and exactly, $4,000 is a big chunk of change for just wheels

Ah ok, the hub caps aren't too bad for being the orig. and I like the look the dog dish ones too actually seeing them.

Ah ok, the hub caps aren't too bad for being the orig. and I like the look the dog dish ones too actually seeing them.

I went digging through some paperwork I've gathered through the years and web sited, and hyena429 is right, you got the standard wheels on your car.

but your car has a nice list of options factory installed.

I went digging through some paperwork I've gathered through the years and web sited, and hyena429 is right, you got the standard wheels on your car.

Sounds good now to decide what wheel to go with

You know what car he has? hehe

Down too the wheels and color;) all he needs is the stripe package

Hahahahaha that is hilarious!!!! I might have to get need for speed or which ever driving game it is for a reference!!! :p

Back