Which DA???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the HF palm sander yesterday. It uses a lot of air. My new compressor is having a hard time keeping up with it. I have heard that the more expensive DA's use less air to power. Does anyone know if that is true?

I got the HF palm sander yesterday.  It uses a lot of air.  My new compressor is having a hard time keeping up with it.  I have heard that the more expensive DA's use less air to power.  Does anyone know if that is true?
Look at the spec sheets for the DAs you are considering, They usually will have a spec in X CFM @ X PSI. The lower the CFM, the less air used.

I got the HF palm sander yesterday.  It uses a lot of air.  My new compressor is having a hard time keeping up with it.  I have heard that the more expensive DA's use less air to power.  Does anyone know if that is true?
Look at the spec sheets for the DAs you are considering, They usually will have a spec in X CFM @ X PSI. The lower the CFM, the less air used.
Ok I will look at that.  I am disappointed that the compressor wont keep up.  It is a 7HP 60gal 175 PSI craftsman.  It builds pressure to 179 and runs my other tools without issue.  I may have to go with an electric DA.  I would just use stripper on everything if I didn't have so much surface rust.  

I may buy this as someone else suggested.  https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-contour-sct.html

I really like electric tools now. With 60v batteries now they can run grinders, circular saws, sanders, hammer drills - all kinds of tools that used to be the domain of compressors. No cords to deal with makes them handy away from the shop too. You still need a compressor for things like media blasting, painting and tire inflation.

Back