WHICH Radiator cap w/ overflow tank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang
Convertible
351C 4V engine
Hi all,

Just installed a overflow tank for radiator from Speedway #:91102210

(thanks to a thread on this site)

Currently, I have Stant 10329 Lev-R-vent 13 psi cap.

DO I NEED ANOTHER CAP, so the solution can return from the tank...or what I have is fine.

This site is amazing

Thanks

Rush

Thanks.. was wondering about that.

Anyone ever use the sacrificial anode cap ? Supposed to reduce damage to alum engine parts such as expensive heads, water pump and radiators.

I couldn't see why when all modern coolants are formulated for use with varying metals. I can understand 30 years ago when fluids weren't as advanced. But with the advancement in fluids we have all aluminum engines and mixed metal engines running a couple hundred thousand of mile with no negative affects.

Dexcool(Orange) is bad stuff. Causes issues when mixed with tap water and has issues on a non sealed coolant system(reacts badly to open air). It can become corrosive when contaminated. Don't use it. Distilled Water and Modern green is the stuff to use for our cars.

Yes, that is what i have put in this car for the last 7 yrs, and my 72 that i owned in the late 70's. and which brings me back to my question if anyone has tried the annode cap to prevent damage to alum heads ?

Back