willa 71-73 fit on a tow dolly?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't have a trailer but have access to a tow dolly. will a 71-73 fit without a problem?
I know a 71 Torino will.
i fit mine on a u-haul tow dollie!

no brakes however, was towing it with a 96 bronco 5.8 v8, i was exiting one time and all of a sudden noticed a stop sign instead of thinking it was a yield sign and i had to slam on the brakes. and wow, i stood on the brake pedal!!!

oh yeah, the post above was when i PCS'd to Utah, and on the way PCS'ing out of Utah to southern California, i got smarter and dealt with the extra cost and weight of a car transporter (trailer), alot easier on the braking due to the hydraulic brakes on the trailer.

Last edited:
i don't have a trailer but have access to a tow dolly. will a 71-73 fit without a problem?
I know a 71 Torino will.
i fit mine on a u-haul tow dollie!

no brakes however, was towing it with a 96 bronco 5.8 v8, i was exiting one time and all of a sudden noticed a stop sign instead of thinking it was a yield sign and i had to slam on the brakes. and wow, i stood on the brake pedal!!!

oh yeah, the post above was when i PCS'd to Utah, and on the way PCS'ing out of Utah to southern California, i got smarter and dealt with the extra cost and weight of a car transporter (trailer), alot easier on the braking due to the hydraulic brakes on the trailer.
thanks. my parents have a dolly that i'm going to borrow. reg u haul trailer is out of the question, the car has no engine and i'm not pushing it up, lol.

Yes, I brought my 71 convertible home on a tow dollie I rented from uhaul also. Behind my Silverado pickup. Pulls great as long as you put the front end on the dollie and remove the driveshaft if it's automatic. Towed it 250 miles. no problems.

Back