Window difficulty

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'72 "mach" and a bunch of other stuff.
My passenger window is hard to roll down. Up is fine.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Both sides were fully cleaned and greased when I swapped them into the different doors

TIA

Are the window felts/sweeps flipping down when you roll down the window? I had one that would do that causing the window to drag when rolling down, but would flip up when the window was rolled back up.

Are the window felts/sweeps flipping down when you roll down the window? I had one that would do that causing the window to drag when rolling down, but would flip up when the window was rolled back up.
Only have the outer felts on as I am not finished with the inside door.

They don’t appear to be rolling. They are new repops, thought.

Thx.

What did you happen to use for the window guide grease? I think my vertical guide is causing my open close action to not be smooth. I also think greasing the gear connected to the handle (see arc) would help. Did you apply it with a brush to avoid getting it on the window and weather stripping?

Lastly - any suggestions on where to find new inside window felts? I'm having a hard time figure out what these are called so that I can properly search for replacements. Mine are warn out. See circles.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG20240407122814 - b.jpg
    IMG20240407122814 - b.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What did you happen to use for the window guide grease? I think my vertical guide is causing my open close action to not be smooth. I also think greasing the gear connected to the handle (see arc) would help. Did you apply it with a brush to avoid getting it on the window and weather stripping?

Lastly - any suggestions on where to find new inside window felts? I'm having a hard time figure out what these are called so that I can properly search for replacements. Mine are warn out. See circles.
Thanks!
I used white lithium grease from a tube and applied with my fingers.

Kentucky mustang parts has window felts

I found them under 'door glass inner stabilizer' and frankly the used picture of what they are selling looks worse than the ones I have. Maybe I should just find some thick felt and 'refelt' mine?

Thanks for the info on the grease!

Back