Windshield removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk715

Reaction score
My Car
72 Grande Coupe--302 C4
73 Mach 1 351c/fmx
70 Challenger 340 a66
M38a1 M38 CJ2a Jeeps
49 Jeepster
79 Z28
08 Mustang GT
1961 Plymouth Belvedere
Anyone have any good ideas how to get it out without busting it??

When I took mine out of the 72 I couldnt find a good way to seperate it at the bottom--No problem on the sides or top. They sealed the damn thing about 3 inches up--and not easy to reach from inside due to the angles of the windshield and the dash structure. Came dangerously close to getting it out but it was sticking on passenger side and POP nice crack.:mad:

I tried to--I used a guitar string--but couldnt get it to move well thru the sealant??? I'm thinking even a mild heating might just agravate the issue but not sure.

I tried to--I used a guitar string--but couldnt get it to move well thru the sealant??? I'm thinking even a mild heating might just agravate the issue but not sure.
I tried heating it up and using a guitar string but the heat cracked the windshield before the adhesive loosened up. An auto glass place like safelite can probably come to you and remove it for you.

I tried using Mig welding wire. Crack! We didn't get too far. Glass companies won't guarantee removal without breakage for what its worth. At this point, I am glad mine broke, it would be a shame to put it back in my car after all the work. The car is just too nice for that beat up piece of glass.

Latest posts

Back