• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wobbly window issue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgeorge1112

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande
351w FMX Transmission
Hey fellow Stang enthusiast. I am in desperate need of driver/passenger window guides. If anyone has one or two in good shape for a decent price please let me know. All I actually need is the plastic bolt on pieces. I really dont know what they are techically called. I am including a photo so you all can see what I.am talking about. I tried fabricating one my self but to know.avail. Hit me up if you have what i am looking for.

Thanks,

Jason

Screenshot_2013-05-22-00-28-09-1.jpg

Hello jrgeorge1112,

The wobbliness is probably coming from the either mis-adjusted or worn out Inner door window glass stabilizers. There should be 4 of these mounted in the door. They are brackets with foam rubber and a cloth material covering mounted to the edge. They are not reproduced as far as I know. I would definitely look into maybe finding some that are in better shape. Here are the part numbers and illustrations to help look for the parts.The plastic parts look Ok and are really for guide purposes. The anti-rattle plastic pieces are available on E bay.

11ie51c.jpg

o0f7r.jpg

mm54r5.jpg

2cfe9ok.jpg

Copyright: Ford Motor Comp. Source: Ford Master Parts Catalog

E bay : 71 72 Ford Mustang front door anti-rattle window guides

http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-72-Ford-Mustang-front-door-anti-rattle-window-guides-/140568817694?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ba8df01e&vxp=mtr

Thank You

mustang7173 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason, you might also want to "PM" Mike at Mogtorcity Mustang or Don at Ohio Mustang Supply. They both are vendors here on the Site and may be able to help you with acquiring what you need.

BT

Thanks for the window schematic Mustang7173 . It's awesome. The part that I am looking for that is broken is 22362. It actually does not exit on mine and was rigged, poorly. I pm'ed Don and he said he may have them.

Thanks for the window schematic Mustang7173 . It's awesome. The part that I am looking for that is broken is 22362. It actually does not exit on mine and was rigged, poorly. I pm'ed Don and he said he may have them.
If Don doesn't have them let me know and I will grab a set. Mike

Back