Recommendation for upper front/rear window weatherstrip replacement / and engine bay weatherstrip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantOv

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach1
Perhaps I'm not searching in the right places but I could use some advice on where to find the upper window weatherstiping. My door weatherstripping looks to be in decent shape. I also found on-door specific weatherstripping replacement etc. But finding basic upper weatherstrip has eluded me. Side note - I do see something called beltline weather striping kit for sale but I don't know for sure if this includes the upper long window weatherstrip. In the picture they do not appear to be long enough to span the full upper front and rear window as it is one long piece.

Another weatherstrip question - there is a weather strip a bit behind the window wipers that is in the engine compartment to ensure cabin air isn't pulling from engine compartment. I need replacement but am not sure what this is called to search for. Thanks!

I added some pictures to help with my attempt at describing what I'm referring to - see highlighted areas

Attachments

• IMG20240318112819-EDIT.jpg
    IMG20240318112819-EDIT.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240318113008-EDIT.jpg
    IMG20240318113008-EDIT.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The upper weatherstrip is the "roof side rail". When buying these parts, you want the best ones made. Daniel Carpenter has their US made "best", and the imported "good". Check the condition of the

https://www.npdlink.com/1965-1973-mustang/weatherstrip/door-door-jamb-roof-side-rail?year=1972

The other is simply the cowl to hood seal.

https://www.npdlink.com/1965-1973-mustang/weatherstrip/under-hood-seals-pads-grommets?year=1972

Beltline weatherstrip is the "fuzzies" on either side of the door and quarter glass.

Awesome! half the battle sometimes is to figure out the proper name for things ie. search terms!

Back