• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB "71-3 Steering Wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
I need to replace the steering wheel in my newly acquired '73 Coupe. I'm looking for a nice (no cracks) Ginger Deluxe steering wheel. I don't need the center pad/horn assembly, just a nice steering wheel itself. Of course, I would consider the complete assembly if that is how it will be sold... If anyone has a line on one, shoot me a PM. Thanks

In the meantime, does anyone know of a decent Ginger steering wheel cover for our 14"-15" steering wheels? I used to be able to find just those cheaper vinyl covers with attached vinyl thread..., they did the job nicely. Can't seem to see them anywhere today...

The steering wheel itself is pretty easy to repair. Just grind out the cracks and maybe drill some holes and insert pins into the existing rubber / plastic core to give filler something to hold onto. Then fill with something with fiberglass to reinforce it. Prime sand and paint the correct color. Put some clear on they do wear but you never drive yours, lol.

The steering wheel itself is pretty easy to repair. Just grind out the cracks and maybe drill some holes and insert pins into the existing rubber / plastic core to give filler something to hold onto. Then fill with something with fiberglass to reinforce it. Prime sand and paint the correct color. Put some clear on they do wear but you never drive yours, lol.
Ha. Mine is not a museum piece  :p

Back