all new seals in seattle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black73coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Coupe 302
I'm looking for a trusted shop in Seattle that can replace all of the weather seals including the trunk, doors, side windows and reset both the front and back windshields on my 73 coupe. All of my glass is good I just want to seal her up tight. Any members in the Seattle area that can referr a great shop?

Thanks

I'd buy the set from Don at OMS and then take them to a shop that does tops and trim.
+1

I bought all the seals myself to insure I got the right ones and to avoid marks up by the shop. Had a custom body/paint shop in Tumwater remove and reseal the windshield and back window, I did the rest of the seals myself. Only one I had trouble with was the trunk seal, the replacement sits up to high for the trunk to shut down, had to trim it down to get the trunk to shut, still looking for one the thickness of the original before I redo it.

Jim

Thanks for the advice. Looks like complete kits run around $300. I know for sure ill have a shop do the windshield and rear window. Not sure if ill have the time to tackle the rest now so the whole project may be hired out. It's the rainy season. Oh wait, all seasons are rainy here.

Yep it all depends on how much time you have when you consider how much to tackle yourself.

Besides the normal seals, another area to consider when you have leaks are your drip rails. The calking under them can dry out after time and result in leaks, which was one of my leaks. Since I had to remove them I took advantage of the opportunity to find a better pair (mine were dented in a few places) polished up the replacement drip rails and used black 3M strip calk to replaced the factory calk which had turned brittle and cracked. No more leaks. There's a post on the site to walk you through the whole process.

Back