Headliner/Windshield/Dynamat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Coupe 351 Cleveland AOD
My 73 coupe has had a leak in the windshield and rear window since the day I bought it. My plan is to remove both front and rear glass, replace the headliner, then replace glass. I have reputable shops to do all the work. Questions are:
1. If glass breaks and I need to replace it, opinions as to tinted vs clear glass. There has always been a bit of glare and I always attributed it to the tinted glass.
2. Opinions as to best headliner.
3. Has anyone put dynamat or similar between roof and headliner? Was it worth the effort ?

Thanks

I got my windshield from Classic Industries, but beware, the rear view mirror button will be lower. I got my headliner from TMI Products. It fit perfectly and although it took some patience, it wound up looking perfect. I used Kilmat instead of dynomat, and then installed the felt syle insulation with spray adhesive to hold it in place.
Was it worth the effort? I think so. At least it was for me.
Be prepared for surprises. Rust can rear it's ugly head in the stragest places, and you should definitely have them search for and fix correctly any rust they find in the window tracks.
I hope this helps.

Back