Out the the side window picture

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too cool = actually sharing something with your daughter and she likes it!

Now that is one smart kid! LOL

Good job dad!

Ray

Pretty girl and car! When my daughters were that age they would only drive my Mach 1 in our neighborhood and when I was in the car with them.

Good job Rex! Her smile looks like she "gets it" ...the why drive a classic car understanding that was an ongoing thread not too long ago. ;)

There are very few kids these days that are into cars. Good to somebody is raisin'em right.

Allie Cleaning Motor 062212.jpgSept 2012 065.jpg

Guys,

Here is a photo of my little girl, she's 16 yrs old. She has been active with the cars since she was about 3. She does not understand why most kids her age are into tuners instead of hot rods & muscle cars. She has been schooled & actually knows what is cool !!!

She has been driving my Model A quite a bit this season with me or moma in the passenger seat.

She generally gets a few double take looks, especially when we go to the local cruise night and everyone expect me to be driving, I am usually in the Mach 1 behind her. I am working with her on driving the Mach 1 with the 4 spd. She is starting to get pretty good at shifting, etc. I told her if she can drive the Mustang with a big block & toploader, she can drive anything with a stick shift !!!

Thanks, Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter Shelby driving her...well you get it.

We built that car together from the time she was 12 until 16, when she got to start driving it.

She had a couple of scary incidents driving it, but nothing serious. She didn't really like driving it that much...it really is quite the car-show only kind of car.

I'm too big and fat to drive it comfortably, so we sold it.

Random pics 023.jpg

Random pics 022.jpg

Dang! We have some great parents on this site.

-And apparently some great kids too.

I don't have any kids but hope to get my nieces involved with the cars soon.

Thanks for sharin' the pics!

Ray

I have not let my 16 year old daughter drive the Cobra yet as she has no leared to drive a stick yet and the only car I have she can learn on is the 2004 Mach1. The Cobra is pretty easy to drive - I have not stalled it once yet.

C&CFL 037.JPG

My son is 11 and he gets right it and helps.

and my daughter is 5 and they argue over who's car it is, that's where I remind them that its still mine :D

here is my son first time in the Mustang when he was almost 2 yrs old back in 2003 and then this spring 2013 he still loves the car.

P1000489.JPG

DSC01250.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@imausa, that reminds me of when i as 12 and my dad snapped a pic of me laying through the windshield area helping drill out spot welds to replace the cowl on my old 65 coupe. that was polaroid days so no digitals to post but it sure is nice to see parents and children involved in the hobby. When you start young you have a early appreciation for the work instead of just ragging it out because daddy gave it to you.

cheers!

Back