New to Mach 1

Don65Stang

Just found the site and joined up. My first post to read and it looks as though today is the day! Looks like a sizeable project all in all so I hope that Don65Stang is up to a project and not hopping for a quick driver car. A better deal can be had on another Mach 1 but it would take time and possibly being willing to travel to a non-rust state. Go in with a willingness to turn around but a hope to be the new owner of a Mach 1. All the best, post some pictures - $3,000.00 will make it yours.

Hi Steven - welcome to the site from northern Nevada. Please post and introduction in the Introductions thread so we can give you a proper welcome. Yahoo! Another member from the desert states!

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal Don65!! It looks like a great car to start with for dang sure. I realize you have to do the tranny.... but wet sand it and buff it and I BET you have a new car!!!!

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Well, congratulations, Don! I think $3500 sounds fair. Now, to nail down the VIN. Then you'll know if there really was a "'Grabber Orange". :P

Roy (Tnfastbk), how is it that you win every fruitin' contest there is? ::goodjob::::goodjob::::goodjob:: Stop by the VIP lounge and I'll be happy to let you buy the first round. :D

Don - please post some pics of the driver's side dash (not the dash pad), passenger door frame, etc. so we can see what's up with the VIN.

Well done, in my opinion.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Now that I'm home I owe the wife dinner out for humoring me being gone since noon looking at & buying this car. It's sushi time. More when I get home...for now though it has pwr disc brakes, ps, no ac, a little floor pan rust not too bad tho, no wheel well rust, has pass side cowl rust, no trunk rust, bubble rust under the paint on both lower doors. Fmx trans. Factory tach.

I couldn't verify the vin except on the dash and title. No door data & no body tag. I did see some stamping on the radiator support but could not make out much of it.

All in all I think $3500 was a fair price.

spacer.png

Well, congratulations, Don! I think $3500 sounds fair. Now, to nail down the VIN. Then you'll know if there really was a "'Grabber Orange". :P

Roy (Tnfastbk), how is it that you win every fruitin' contest there is? ::goodjob::::goodjob::::goodjob:: Stop by the VIP lounge and I'll be happy to let you buy the first round. :D

Don - please post some pics of the driver's side dash (not the dash pad), passenger door frame, etc. so we can see what's up with the VIN.

Well done, in my opinion.

Doc

:shrug2: Just beginners luck Doc. Don, now the party starts wahoo congrats on your purchase. Here is the stock colors for a 1971.

Code Description Code Description Code Description

A or 9A

Raven Black

B or 2B

Maroon Met.

C or 6C

Dark Ivy Green Met.

D or 3D

Grabber Yellow

E or 4E

Yellow Gold

I

Grabber Lime

J, 3J, J9

Grabber Blue

M or 5M

Wimbledon White

N or 4N

Pastel Blue

P or 4P

Med. Green Met.

V

Light Pewter Met.

Z or Z9

Grabber Green

3 or 3B

Bright Red

5 or 5A

Med. Brown Met.

6 or 6E

Silver Blue Met.

Light Gold

MAJOR UPDATE: I uncovered the Data Plate (partially).

Here are the pics.

DSC_2820.jpg

DSC_2821.jpg

DSC_2822.jpg

DSC_2823.jpg

DSC_2824.jpg

DSC_2825.jpg

DSC_2826.jpg

DSC_2827.jpg

DSC_2828.jpg

DSC_2829.jpg

DSC_2830.jpg

The removal starting getting tough at this point so I stopped before I destroyed the data plate ant further.

Any ideas on how to uncover the rest of it? ::help::

spacer.png

Any ideas on how to uncover the rest of it? ::help::[/color]

Don't bother..Just get a new one from Marti...Nice score on the ride ! Looks like you may need some of my videos to help you along:) www.saturdaymorninggarage.com or http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzenut#p/u

Scott

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

But I want to uncover it...I'll get a Marti report but that'll take 6 weeks according to his site. I'd like to see the info now. :)

Will paint remover be to much & dissolve the data in addition to the paint?

spacer.png

But I want to uncover it...I'll get a Marti report but that'll take 6 weeks according to his site. I'd like to see the info now. :)

I had mine (deluxe) in about a week..Paint remover will toast it for sure..

Any idea what would take it off? I'm thinking I'll try a razor blade next...but if there is a better solution that I haven't considered - I'm all for trying it.

Whats that stuff they sell at home depot goo away or something it's yellow in color

Update:

$3500 later... It's on the tow truck behind me. More details when I get home.

Congratulations Don!!!... 3500 sounds amazing and your fun is just began!! :)

Trully happy for you man!!

PS: Roy won the guess.. Grrrr... :P

You can order the marti report with a e mail copy if it for 3 dollars more... That´s almost inmediate

That´s what i did with mine :)

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]