Anybody got for Christmas a 1971-73 Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
Just wondering if anybody treated themselves or by significant other to a "new" 1971-73 mustang this Christmas?

I guess you could say I did. I purchased my 71 429CJ Mach 1 on 12/16/13, but it was not delivered until 12/24/13. It was 32 degrees in Houston that day and the big 429 was reluctant to start. It finally did after about five try's.

The carrier driver let it warm up for about 5 minutes before carefully backing it out of the covered trailer. It was the first time I actually saw the real deal rather than the photos I had been looking at.

Now working on transferring title, Texas inspection, and classic car insurance so I drive it around a bit.

One of the best presents my wife and I ever got. We dated in my 72 Mach 1 about 41 years ago. Yep, I am an old baby boomer with a new toy! Still have the wife but not the Gold Glow 72 Mach 1.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you could say I did. I purchased my 71 429CJ Mach 1 on 12/16/13, but it was not delivered until 12/24/13. It was 32 degrees in Houston that day and the big 429 was reluctant to start. It finally did after about five try's.

The carrier driver let it warm up for about 5 minutes before carefully backing it out of the covered trailer. It was the first time I actually saw the real deal rather than the photos I had been looking at.

Now working on transferring title, Texas inspection, and classic car insurance so I drive it around a bit.

One of the best presents my wife and I ever got. We dated in my 72 Mach 1 about 41 years ago. Yep, I am an old baby boomer with a new toy! Still have the wife but not the Gold Glow 72 Mach 1.
Cool story...great looking 71 too

This qualifies as a Xmas gift...and what a great gift!! Enjoy

+1

Back