What is this part?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Hi guys,

Bought this for the proportioning valve (D2ZA-2B328-AA) and the guy sent the master cylinder with it as well as a part in the center of the pic that I have no idea what it is. Can someone let me know name and function and what was used on?

Thanks Much

x59puh.jpg

Jeff...thanks for that. I just read up on what they do so understand that part. Do you know if these were ever original equipment or just add ons? Does it have any value?

yep-he nailed it, it is a line lock solenoid but if you'll look carefully I believe it is plumbed into the rear brakes-like a hill holder

Jeff...thanks for that. I just read up on what they do so understand that part. Do you know if these were ever original equipment or just add ons? Does it have any value?

yep-he nailed it, it is a line lock solenoid but if you'll look carefully I believe it is plumbed into the rear brakes-like a hill holder
Not factory installed - aftermarket line lock for drag racing or fun on the street when stopped next to the ricers :D

Had line lock into an electric parking brake which relocated pneumatics to it and found brake cable 6 inches short of the rear wheels making it to fabricating a longer cable. Though to me sounds like a roll control to front wheels like Hurst has w/button you either wire to a Hurst shifter knob/button coming out of the t-bar or as called, 'HAMMER'. As I had a Gear Vendors Overdrive w/ball type shifter knob w/button for engaging the overdrive, my button is strapped to the fore side of the stick itself. On photo of my front interior is included where you can see the stick shift on my photos that are going to be published for Marchs slot of next years mustang.comCOTM calendar. Mikke

The rear bowl of the master cyl is the larger volume one that actuates the front disc brakes.

The rear bowl of the master cyl is the larger volume one that actuates the front disc brakes.
Do you have power disc Brembos all around.

I have power disc conversion Summits in front and SSBC in the rear.

Do you have power disc Brembos all around.

I have power disc conversion Summits in front and SSBC in the rear.
If you mean on my 1973: No. I have only the stock disc front brakes and stock rear drums.

My 2012 GT has the factory Brembo brakes

I think y'all are wrong! That is a Flux-Capacitor! Be carefully with that if you hook it up. Just think, you could go back in time and be the second owner of your car if you time it just right!

Not a bad thing:D:D:D:D

Back