Have repro Deluxe Door Panels improved?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhvidston

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang conv 302
1973 Mustang conv 351
Greetings

Just going over some older posts here... trying to find a decent pair of Deluxe door panels that will fit my 71Mach 1.

Interior color is Vermilion... so I'll be needing the red with black carpet.

Anyone here know if the fit and hole placement has gotten any better over the last two years?... I've seen several posts from 2012-13 that are nightmarish on fit and install time due to poor hole placement or No hole placement for clips...

Also, I noticed that CJ Pony parts has 71-71 Dlx panels for $373 while

NPD is charging $617...? Are NPD that more superior in fit and finish and color... both suppliers seem to offer these in pairs without the trim etc. Why the big cost jump? Who makes them? and what is the best deal out there currently?

Thanks all

I've read that there are only a few manufacturing companies out there. Mustang market sounds like it has the edge. TMI suppose to have one coming out but it's becoming a joke. They had it in last years catalog but wasn't ready for release when the catalog came out. I started calling them last year and called them every three months and there answer was always that it would be out in a few more weeks. can't speak to NPD. I ran into the 2x pricing on one of their front dash bezels.

I've found when dealing with NPD on EQUAL items that they be higher than than cjpony. But NPD has this in stock. When I need it, I need it. I don't want to wait three months for a back order. Somehow they get it from Charlotte NC to Va coast overnight, at standard rate mind you. If they ship from Fla it takes another day. There has to be some value for that kind of service. I get your point on 2x pricing, I seen some of the items come from mid east. You just can't be assured of the same quantity. When I see vast differences in price, I look deeper to find out why. Sometimes there is no difference. I've used Mustang Market deluxe panels on two cars without issue. Probably got them at NPD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back