Mustang Sequential LED Tail Light Question Follow Up.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi folks,

Just wanted to know if any of the forum members have installed the Easy Performance brand, Mustang Sequential LED Tail Light with Back Up Light Kit on their Mustangs as yet?

I was toying with the idea of possibly buying this product at some stage in the future, but being a new product on the market, wasn't sure of it's performance, quality, and reliability. Also, it's not a cheap product to purchase either. I think C J Pony may be selling this product at the moment, but am not sure. I'm pretty sure this product has bobbed up on the forum not so long ago too.

If any member or members have bought this unit and have installed it in their cars, it would be great to get their feedback or reviews on how they went with it. The variety of sequential indicator flashes is very impressive, and makes it the most desirable sequential tailight version on the market thus far.

http://www.ezp-direct.com/CST/Mustang_71-73/CST10-MUS71-73_Listing.html

So if you've got one installed and running please let us know about it.

Many thanks,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This company is literally just a few miles from my home. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to swing by and check the place out and get a demo of the product. From the website and photos it looks like a nice product.

Maybe we could work on reducing shipping and handling costs. :D

DrDew in this thread recommends them:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sequential-tail-lights-best-i-ve-seen-so-far?page=3

I don't think sequential would go down great with the police where I live, but I note the sequential operations need a positive wire from the ignition to operate. That raises the possibility of having a remote switch on the dash to disconnect the positive wire so as to revert back to standard operation when Mr.Plod is in the rear vision mirror.

Confusing is their statement that "a pushbutton switch on the back or front of the light panel is used to select from any of the pre-programmed sequential patterns", I mean how are you supposed to push the button on the light panel if its inside the brake-light housing??

Thanks Brett and Jeff for your follow up replies.

Firstly, Jeff, if you have some spare time upcoming, and it's not too much trouble for you, it would be great for you to check this product out, and tell us what you think about it.

And Brett, you raise a very good point about legal and that front/back switch as well. That switch idea had me confused as well.

I'll also PM Dr Drew as well, and see if he can give us the lowdown on the product.

Many thanks guys,

Greg.

DrDew in this thread recommends them:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sequential-tail-lights-best-i-ve-seen-so-far?page=3

I don't think sequential would go down great with the police where I live, but I note the sequential operations need a positive wire from the ignition to operate. That raises the possibility of having a remote switch on the dash to disconnect the positive wire so as to revert back to standard operation when Mr.Plod is in the rear vision mirror.

Confusing is their statement that "a pushbutton switch on the back or front of the light panel is used to select from any of the pre-programmed sequential patterns", I mean how are you supposed to push the button on the light panel if its inside the brake-light housing??
Just curious, the late model Mustangs here in the states have sequential tail lights from the factory. Are these not legal down under?

Just curious, the late model Mustangs here in the states have sequential tail lights from the factory. Are these not legal down under?
Nope, the authors of the Australian Design Rules in 1973 decided it would be too cool to allow sequential indicators. It's been a while since I read the ADR's but I'm pretty sure anything after 1973 has to have amber rear flashers that emit from a single light source on each side of the car.

Lucky for pre-1973 cars in that red flashers are allowable so no need for imported US pre-1973 cars to have the rear flashers converted to amber if the car is left as left hand drive. If the car is converted to right hand drive though then the flasher has to be converted to amber to comply.

Having said that, I have seen old Cougar's and Thunderbird's here using sequential red flashers, so some people are getting away with it.

I'm running factory red flashers; in a country where every other car has amber lights it can be a little disconcerting running the red flashers as it takes a few flashes for people following to work out that you are indicating for a turn and not just exhibiting a faulty brake light. I always indicate way ahead of where I'm intending to turn to give following drivers time to work out what they're looking at, and I always keep a sharp eye out in the rear vision mirror to make sure the following car understands my intentions. Ironically that's why these sequential lights would be safer than factory, because the sequential behaviour is so odd that it's obvious the turn signal has been activated rather than just a faulty brake light.

Back