lowering front end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quizno

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang 351 Cleveland 2v
wanting to lower my front end on my 73 mach 1 a few inches....wondering how and the best way to achieve this??? thanks

Bought lowering springs but decided to cut a full round out of my springs first and see if I liked it. Came down about 3 inches and it was perfect. The springs were new and that was why I cut since they were still nice and stiff and new. Nothing rubs with my 17 inch wheels with 225 40 tires up front and 245 40 rears. Plan to buy 245 45 for both ends soon. Think they are 620 weight but not positive. Shakles were traded out for shorter ones as well.

lowered mustang 1.jpg

car wheels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeeaahh. Looks much better that way.

:cool:

I actually did both: buy lowering springs AND cut a full turn off those. :)

I have actually been looking for reviews on the 1" lowering progressive rate springs by Scott Drake. I already have a set of roller perches sitting in the garage ready to go on. Stuff to do when I get back.

I just put a set of stubtech 2 inch drop spindles on the 71 and with standard springs and 15 inch rims sits nice.

It's real easy to cut a half coil and get the same result.
Jeff, how much did it come down with the half coil cut?
I'm sure Jeff will jump in soon. I cut mine 1/2 coil and it dropped about 3/4" or a bit more. Chuck

Back