17" Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtassin

Reaction score
My Car
1972 ford mustang Mach 1
I purchased some new 17" Bullitt take-offs rims for my 72 mach 1. They are 45mm offset. I have seen the machined spacers for sale. Has anyone used these? What were the results? It is recomended? Do I just get rid of them and find some 0mm offset rims?

Help

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased some new 17" Bullitt take-offs rims for my 72 mach 1. They are 45mm offset. I have seen the machined spacers for sale. Has anyone used these? What were the results? It is recomended? Do I just get rid of them and find some 0mm offset rims?

Help
You should move this question to the tech threads..But to answer your question..You will have no problem running the spacers..I'm running them on mine..Your gonna need new lugs 3" .610 knurl...from summit racing

Help
I used 1" spacers with wheels from a '94 Bullit.

Big difference in handling and ride = 1 happy driver.

If you want to use wheels form a '95 or higher you need to use larger spacers.

Mustang Monthly has a great write up that used for reference:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_060100_classic_ford_mustang_17_inch_wheels/index.html

Good luck!

100_1976.jpg

Help
I used 1" spacers with wheels from a '94 Bullit.

Big difference in handling and ride = 1 happy driver.

If you want to use wheels form a '95 or higher you need to use larger spacers.

Mustang Monthly has a great write up that used for reference:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_060100_classic_ford_mustang_17_inch_wheels/index.html

Good luck!
I used 1 1/4" on mine. They have been on for several years and no issues. Just follow the installation instructions carefully. I check them every time I have a wheel off but never found a loose nut.

HI,

With modern wheels you will need spacers. I have Bullit wheels in 18 inch with that 45 offset and I have 40mm spacers behind the wheels.

Maybe you wanna check out this thread that I did on my experiences with the rims. There are a lot of measurements too.

Here it is:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-experiences-with-bigger-wheels

I know that modern wheels aren't for everybody, but I really like the 5 spoke Bullitt-type rims (Torq-thrust D or similar) in larger sizes on classic cars. I think it looks badass and the performance is really good, too.

Thanks guys for all the info. I really want to use these rims bad. They are a polished finish which would look great with the "Light Pewter Mettalic" paint.

Thanks again,

Jimmy T.

Back