73 rear seat belt

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbcats

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Fastback 351C
I'm trying to find a replacement for my rear seat belts in my 73. The retractable side on both are just fine, but the push button releases are completely destroyed. The part number on them is R551-3772. I tried buying a completely new set but the retractable side doesn't fit right since seat belt was not coming out of the retracting mechanism from the top. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wes

Wes

"I tried buying a completely new set but the retractable side doesn't fit right since seat belt was not coming out of the retracting mechanism from the top." Can you explain this a little more. I bought a new(front) set for the back and planned on removing the the plastic to get them to work.

-Jim

Two leaf crest.

They call it the exploding buckle cause of the way they brake. Does your button have a two leaf crest or a star burst pattern.

Ok, I got the replacement to work. I can't find where the suggestion came from so I don't take credit for thinking this up. I took an L bracket and mounted the retracting part vertical and that has done the trick. Everything is working.

Back