really, a 71 Boss 302 lol

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
I find more and more people use certain terms in their ads to garner views from keyword searches. For example, I also like to look for GTO's around my area. When I search for GTO I get a bunch of other cars pop up as the listing has this as a keyword or included in the ridiculous title. Then if I try to just look for a Judge GTO, essentially the same list appears as people include the word "judge" in their listing. So I am pretty sure Boss, HO, Cobra, Shelby, and SCJ pop up in many ads that have nothing to do with these terms.

In fact, I have done it as well. However, I usually put the disclaimer: "This is not a Boss, Shelby, HO, Cobra, or SCJ" and it has the same effect of populating search lists.

Jason, its a 71 Boss 302 and this is how it rolled out of the factory looooool, with these wheels and white dash

You know there really is a 1971 Boss 302. The owner is a member here. Quite a history.

There may have been a few - not real sure.

Ray

Yup... kid's car, alright. I'm surprised he stuck with the '90s rims, though, rather than stuffing some 'blackened' 20s under there. :rolleyes:

It doesn't completely suck or anything, but I don't see $13K worth of car there... "Boss 302 Hype" or not. :whistling:

You know there really is a 1971 Boss 302. The owner is a member here. Quite a history.

There may have been a few - not real sure.

Ray
Ford was serious at one time about the 71 Boss 302. The Master Parts catalog shows 71 Boss 302 decals and the engine section shows 69,70,71 with Boss 302 listings. Years ago a Ford engineer I talked with said there were some test cars built, but only one made it out to the public that he knew of. And we know where that one is!

Guess since this "Lister" will only entertain offers of $13,000 and above, it must be a real Boss. rofl And since Ford didn't built this one, it must be one of those rare and very valuable Frank Cone edition cars! Why would you waste your money on a Boss 351 when you couldn't even get a white instrument cluster trim package and those deluxe wheels. Happy bidding!

Why would you waste your money on a Boss 351 when you couldn't even get a white instrument cluster trim package and those deluxe wheels. Happy bidding!
Not to mention the ebay "Sparco" seats, Sony stereo that changes colors, tinted tail lights, and custom trunk lid prop rod. rofl

LOL, that is one super custom Boss 302 if I ever saw one. Could you imagine if they did a bare bones Boss 302 coupe with performance suspension and a four speed!!! Think Cobra R bare bones idea here! I could be onto something... :)

Geez, I thought all 71 Boss 302's that were coupes came with a rear spoiler...this one is missing that essential piece!

We really shouldn't fee so 'special'. Even though it seems many Mustang owners with an F code 71-73 think they own a Boss 302 or some derivative of.

But the 1969 and 1970 crowd get even more!

If anyone finds a G code 1969 or 1970 coupe or convertible - please call me!!! :)

Ray

Back