Elite Marti 72 Q code vert.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
So not sure on this but I think that every mustang made could be boiled down to a one of one. If you do the possible combinations of color, body style, interior, options, DSO and you multiply that out I think there will be the possibility that there were never two alike. I know there are cars alike some dealers ordered stock with the same options and colors because the sold quickly.

Anyway I did attach a picture of the stats in the corner of the report. You can see that the numbers drop pretty fast on this model with only 330 with the engine / transmission.

I would consider this my best find this year and will keep this one and finish it. Has lots of great options and had already been dip stripped and back to epoxy primer with panels replaced. The engine came on the engine stand completely built with cam, roller rockers, balanced, triple valve springs etc, etc. Will remove the triple springs for sure and probably remove the high lift cam. Transmission had clutches added and shift kit. Everything under the car is new and since it did not have a traction loc he put a Detroit locker with 4:11 gear. He had also had a NASA hood with Ford Factory ram air complete for the car. I also got the crashed 72 vert with the same interior so I have a factory correct interior. This was a craigslist find that had been listed for over 2 months with no interest due to the car not being together so I got for a fraction of the $16,000 he had invested.

I go to pick up the building permit for my garage has taken months to get to this point but hope it pics up speed.

David

DSC00150.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

100_2284.JPG

100_2282.JPG

100_2290.JPG

I agree with the one of one logic.

Mine is one of one b/c it came with 32psi in the tires where as most came with 28psi. Lol

It's all about how far down one is willing to put into it.

No offense but I see your radio is missing, so is your car still a one of one? That is meant to poke fun at the one of one criteria, not your car. It's always fun to see our car's pedigree come back as a one of one. Sometimes I laugh at the criteria though that's used to make it a one of one.

I agree with the one of one logic.

Mine is one of one b/c it came with 32psi in the tires where as most came with 28psi. Lol

It's all about how far down one is willing to put into it.

No offense but I see your radio is missing, so is your car still a one of one? That is meant to poke fun at the one of one criteria, not your car. It's always fun to see our car's pedigree come back as a one of one. Sometimes I laugh at the criteria though that's used to make it a one of one.
I would like to see one that is not one of one. I do not think you can find one.

It was a loaded car and I just could not understand why nobody even looked at it. I just missed another on cl this week.

David

Nice car David,

Our 72 verts are identical down to the 25 painted gold glow. Amazing that out of the 25 produced two of them are here on the site. Looking forward to your progress on her as well as the garage.

Jeff,

And we saw that one on eBay last week. I sent him a text and advised him to pull it off or put a minimum bid on because he was going to loose his shirt. The car would probably have gone for $2,500. He did pull it I went and looked. I will open another page and put the pictures of his Marti in so there were three of the Gold Glow cars with Auto CJ Q code left.

David

Jeff,

And we saw that one on eBay last week. I sent him a text and advised him to pull it off or put a minimum bid on because he was going to loose his shirt. The car would probably have gone for $2,500. He did pull it I went and looked. I will open another page and put the pictures of his Marti in so there were three of the Gold Glow cars with Auto CJ Q code left.

David
Here are the pics of the Marti for another Q code 72 vert same color as mine and Jeff's car on eBay last week. So three out of 25 of the Gold Glow cars are still around. It was listed with no minimum which should never be done on eBay. Not everyone is looking all the time and a 5 day auction goes fast.

David

$_57[1] (2).jpg

$_57[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

David

Jeff,

David
Here are the pics of the Marti for another Q code 72 vert same color as mine and Jeff's car on eBay last week. So three out of 25 of the Gold Glow cars are still around. It was listed with no minimum which should never be done on eBay. Not everyone is looking all the time and a 5 day auction goes fast.

David
Another nice car. Did you notice on Marti was produced 366 days behind schedule?

My Boss 351 is one of two. I mean if you get stupid and try to say from a DSO or something similar it goes to a one of one. But for the CAR there is one other equipped exactly like mine. Kinda neat. I haven't located it yet!!!!

Ray

Sent from my HP 10 using Tapatalk

A special car you got there David. Congrats.
Thanks Mike you never know what you can find on cl. I got in touch with the dealer that sold it and they are good enough to go back and see if they have the records for it so I can get in touch with first owner. I would think it was a car someone ordered it has so many options. I know the last two owners but he could only tell me he bought it at the spring show at the Charlotte motor speedway. So the car has been within a few hundred miles of where it was originally sold.

David

Back