Junk Yards in Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfo5762

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Fastback, 351C 4V, C4 B&M Street or Strip, MSD Infared Ignition, Holley 750, Ford 9" w/ 4.11 posi, front disc.
So does anybody know of any hidden jem junkyards in the sunshine state? Just moved here and not familiar with the area. Not looking for one of those "Pull-A-Part" junkyards. Looking for those old car graveyards that only the locals know! Something fun to explore and maybe find some cool parts. Thanks ladies and gentlemen!

So does anybody know of any hidden jem junkyards in the sunshine state? Just moved here and not familiar with the area. Not looking for one of those "Pull-A-Part" junkyards. Looking for those old car graveyards that only the locals know! Something fun to explore and maybe find some cool parts. Thanks ladies and gentlemen!
Lived in Tampa and then West Palm for years - FL junk yards suck. The soil or should I say sand is so salty that even relatively "new" old cars will be rotted all the way to side mirrors. I have seen formerly neat cars that literally had turned to powder. Even in central FL there is not much as far as a hidden jem yard.

FL junk yards suck. - Fire Ants.

Fl junk yards suck. - Palmetto Bugs - Big ass flying cockroaches.

Did I say they suck? - pygmy rattle snakes

Near water? Gators

Every native plant in FL has thorns.

Most FL bugs sting or bite or both - no - all FL bugs sting or bite or both

Summer - 97 deg 104% humidity

Winter - very nice - last 2 weeks then back to 97 deg 104% humidity

The secret is to drive the older neighborhoods and look for cars under carports and beside small houses. Speaking Spanish will help. Every one has a gun but most everyone is OK plus they assume you have a gun - all is equal.

Retired in MO now and am amazed at the little out of the way yards that still have collectible parts and pieces in them.

but...................

Ok - here you go http://www.oldgoldcars.com/ it is north central in Old Town.

here are pics - http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?22827-Junkyard-Crawl

Not cheap but fun!

(notice the rust?)

They may be out of business by now.

- Paul of MO

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my hopes up until I read, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND THE YARD

Lived in Tampa and then West Palm for years - FL junk yards suck. The soil or should I say sand is so salty that even relatively "new" old cars will be rotted all the way to side mirrors. I have seen formerly neat cars that literally had turned to powder. Even in central FL there is not much as far as a hidden jem yard.

FL junk yards suck. - Fire Ants.

Fl junk yards suck. - Palmetto Bugs - Big ass flying cockroaches.

Did I say they suck? - pygmy rattle snakes

Near water? Gators

Every native plant in FL has thorns.

Most FL bugs sting or bite or both - no - all FL bugs sting or bite or both

Summer - 97 deg 104% humidity

Winter - very nice - last 2 weeks then back to 97 deg 104% humidity

The secret is to drive the older neighborhoods and look for cars under carports and beside small houses. Speaking Spanish will help. Every one has a gun but most everyone is OK plus they assume you have a gun - all is equal.

Retired in MO now and am amazed at the little out of the way yards that still have collectible parts and pieces in them.

but...................

Ok - here you go http://www.oldgoldcars.com/ it is north central in Old Town.

here are pics - http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?22827-Junkyard-Crawl

Not cheap but fun!

(notice the rust?)

They may be out of business by now.

- Paul of MO

Back