72 mustang sprint coupe Diamond in the rough

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N816

Reaction score
My Car
72 Sprint Coupe
IMAG0012.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0006.jpgI purchased this car at an auction in 02 for dirt cheap, it had a bullet hole in the windshield and only half the front end was covered in a flame job that looked like a half blind arangatang had painted it on.The front fenders had been cut in half and rewelded due to a police chase, the entire red white and blue enterior had been repainted, and all of the wiring had been held together by ductape.

Just last year I ran the numbers and I found out that its a Rare sprint coupe. I've been slowly repairing the arangatangs damages whenever I get the time. Just recently I replaced the front fenders, repainted the doorjambs , refinished the entire enterior, Installed a all new Hd radio with surround sound speakers, Resoldered all the wire connections in the engine compartment as well as repainted the entire engine compartment front end and wheelwells, Installed new guages, and stripped 7 layers of paint from the hood. I also have a reverse cam, Dvd player, touch screen navigation and a bunch of other little gadgets that Ill be installing.

I like to call it The Pale Porse of Death. From what I have heard, the police chase theat it was in ended up in the driver getting shot and killed and thats why I got it so cheap.

Ill be glad to post pics of my progress later. these are the before I tore it all down and cleaned and painted everything pics.

302 5.0 fmx

IMAG0004.jpgMustang 1.jpg

Looks like a great project! Any plans to restore the Sprint graphics?

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! ::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

Sounds like you got yourself a "historic" car and that it is in very good hands.

Look forward to your interactions on the forums.

Again, Welcome!!

BT

Welcome aboard! The car is in good hands now. We love progess pictures!

Looks like a great project! Any plans to restore the Sprint graphics?

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! ::welcome::
Not really, There really is no turning back from what's already been started. Im not sure what color I'll be painting it .

Not so rough at all - it's a good lookin' car as she sits! Good luck and have fun gettin' her back in shape though.

Welcome aboard - you've come to the right place, as this is a great place for technical knowledge and support.

nice ride you have there looks allot like mine.

AD:D
In case you have not see www.1972mustangsprint.com - here is a reminder. The coupes are actually not that rare (6,247 were made), except that most of them are probably crushed by now like most 71-73 coupes. I do not see many sprint fastbacks around either but about 30 of the 50 convertible made are still around so you never know. There usually one sprint coupe for sale on Ebay for anywhere from $8K-$15K depending on condition. Good luck with yours.View attachment 364

Attachments

• d6b8_o.jpg
    d6b8_o.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back