1973 Mustang Vert New???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
It can be true. Even if it is not - the car appears totally unmolested. And that by itself makes it exceptionally RARE.

Back in 1972, when Ford announced the 1973 Mustang would be the "very last Mustang convertible produced", many speculators bought them and put them up on blocks. It definitely helped sales of the 73's.

They figured it would appreciate in value rapidly and command a great profit. Oops...

That is why it is much more common to see a 73 convertible with ultra low miles vs a 71 or 72.

Ray

This car has been for sale for over a year was on Hemmings for a good while. I contacted them last February and they said I could come and shoot lots of photos but never got in that area to do so.

This happens quite often if you have been watching the Mecum auction in Florida going on right now. Lots of very low mileage cars came across the block but prices are way down for sure. There were Camaros with less than 100 miles that sold for less than they cost new. I think 2002 model some special edition they did.

The high end car market is a whim of the rich it goes up and down like the stock market because of their knee jerk life style. One day everyone wants one thing and the next something else is the status symbol. Around here you have to have lamas, a donkey and some sheep to be considered in the click, lol.

David

Sorry to be picky,

but there is no such a thing as a NEW 1973 Ford Mustang.

In my world, a " new" car is one that was manufactured on a particular date, then was shipped to a dealer hitting the showroom, and then was sold on to a customer as a new car. That process has a limited life span of one calendar year maximum from manufacture date. Anything out of that time, and the car looses it's "new" status. Within that calendar year, the car can have several miles on the clock and still be called a new car.

A similar concept applies to a customer who has just bought a new car from the dealer. He takes it home and calls his car a new car. But for how long can he keep on doing that? Again, when that car is more than one calendar year from manufacturer date old, it's not a new car anymore. That's a given, as a new model will be released the next calendar year anyway. If he decides to resell that car on within the first calendar year, it will be sold on and becomes a second hand car. That's understood.

So a "new"car has a life span of one year max from manufacture in the true sense of the word. Dealers, who sit on stock that is slow to sell, and run out of time when that calendar year expires, cannot call that car a new car anymore. Of course, many do and try to cheat.

Anyway, that's a nice car.;)

Greg.:)

Back