1973 Mach 1 Fastback H Code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarNPlaneNut

Reaction score
My Car
I bought mine from the original family that bought it in 1973 with all of the original paperwork and wheels.
I have recently purchased an H-Code 1973 mustang from the original family that bought it new. It is a driver and an east coast car. There is some rust underneath that will be addressed in restoration. The interior is in surprisingly good shape. I have al of the original paperwork and manual. I have driven it and it is currently at the mechanic fixing all safety related items. This is the car that I always wanted when I was a teenager.

I am going to start restoration after summer 2024. I want to enter the car into The Great Race and some other Vintage Car Rallies with my wife. I will say that it is hard to drive without grinning!

Attachments

• 2023-10-12 14.26.37.jpg
    2023-10-12 14.26.37.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2023-10-13 18.28.23.jpg
    2023-10-13 18.28.23.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 2023-10-14 15.20.17.jpg
    2023-10-14 15.20.17.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 1
That one looks surprisingly in tact under the hood. Even the flexible lines going to the air cleaner are still present. Does look like the distributor and a vacuum line to the thermal switch have been monkeyed with. But still most of it is like it came from ford.

Very nice! Exact same interior and exterior color as my car was when it was new. My new interior is mostly black now, but I still have the ginger colored seats in storage.

I have recently purchased an H-Code 1973 mustang from the original family that bought it new. It is a driver and an east coast car. There is some rust underneath that will be addressed in restoration. The interior is in surprisingly good shape. I have al of the original paperwork and manual. I have driven it and it is currently at the mechanic fixing all safety related items. This is the car that I always wanted when I was a teenager.

I am going to start restoration after summer 2024. I want to enter the car into The Great Race and some other Vintage Car Rallies with my wife. I will say that it is hard to drive without grinning!
Nice. Same color as the one given to Prisoner of War in our area.

Nice. Same color as the one given to Prisoner of War in our area.

Great looking car. I know you will enjoy it. Welcome from Texas. The great race comes though my area so when you ready give me a shoot and we can do lunch or something.

Wow just wow, what color is that? Is it a real survivor?

Back