Eastwood paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
A close friend of mine is doing a restoration of a 1967 Mercury Cyclone GT and he's doing an incredible job on this car. He called me yesterday to tell me of his distress, it seems he had run out of Eastwood Detail Gray and he had ordered more only to find the product had been changed. I was pissed to say the least. It seems the color looks nothing like it used to and the dying time had gone from a few minutes to a day or more. He called Eastwood's and complained and found he wasn't alone and that they had received many complaints. I just wanted to put this out there so anybody thinking of buying this product be aware it's not what it used to be not even close. I hope Eastwood figures out what went wrong and fixes it.

I just went through this with their Zinc Phosphate spray paint. They are out of stock and I also heard but cannot confirm, that the mfr. is no longer producing the product. Eastwood told me that the product was on back order until the middle of April. I could not wait that long and take the chance that the product was done production, I found another product that in the end is better then just using the paint zinc phosphate application.

I just went through this with their Zinc Phosphate spray paint. They are out of stock and I also heard but cannot confirm, that the mfr. is no longer producing the product. Eastwood told me that the product was on back order until the middle of April. I could not wait that long and take the chance that the product was done production, I found another product that in the end is better then just using the paint zinc phosphate application.
What did you use?

Back