04 Mustang Cobra Brakes Upgrades Successful - weblink included

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

well it took 2 weeks to complete due to working 12 straight days and waiting on parts and figuring out hiccups here and there.

everything went on well at the end and i used a 2000 mustang V6 master cylinder due to the fact our OEM MC bore is 1.0 inch and thats what shaun at SOT recommends.

i had to replace the intermediate line and i ended up repalcing every single hard line in the car. the driver side to passenger side first piece wasn't a breeeze at all and was a pain in the D***.

i had to jerry rig the driver rear because the hose is too short. gonna call shaun in the AM to make me a longer hose.

i think i might have some air left in the system but it could be mee just being paranoid, i had some really good flowage when i bled them and the pedal feels good. i'm going to be keeping a close on on the lines to make sure there still isn't any leaks anywhere. (i bent every line myself and cut to fit every line and double flared everything on my own)

the big part is, i'm still trying to figure out how to adjust the adjustable prop valve. i first started off all the way to the right and then backed off to the left (less) a few turns. and then slowly turned more and more to the left for less, at some point i didn't know if it was really doing much when i really was trying to hit the brakes hard. i then turned it clockwise again and drove her. if i listened up really close if i hit the brakes really hard i can almost hear my front tires dragging but not enough for the them to make tire marks and my ass end wasn't coming around so i'm assuming it tuned ok. i know for sure the rear's ain't locking up. but i really don't think i'm ever locked up the front brakes. and i've always rolled to about 35mph and slam on the brakes really hard and still can't lock them up but i am however STOPPING really hard and fast. maybe its due to the newer mustang MC.

i need help on adjusting prop valve

here's the link for the pics though!!!!

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/sraocampo/73%20Mustang%20-%20Cobra%20brake%20conversion/

well it took 2 weeks to complete due to working 12 straight days and waiting on parts and figuring out hiccups here and there.

everything went on well at the end and i used a 2000 mustang V6 master cylinder due to the fact our OEM MC bore is 1.0 inch and thats what shaun at SOT recommends.

i had to replace the intermediate line and i ended up repalcing every single hard line in the car. the driver side to passenger side first piece wasn't a breeeze at all and was a pain in the D***.

i had to jerry rig the driver rear because the hose is too short. gonna call shaun in the AM to make me a longer hose.

i think i might have some air left in the system but it could be mee just being paranoid, i had some really good flowage when i bled them and the pedal feels good. i'm going to be keeping a close on on the lines to make sure there still isn't any leaks anywhere. (i bent every line myself and cut to fit every line and double flared everything on my own)

the big part is, i'm still trying to figure out how to adjust the adjustable prop valve. i first started off all the way to the right and then backed off to the left (less) a few turns. and then slowly turned more and more to the left for less, at some point i didn't know if it was really doing much when i really was trying to hit the brakes hard. i then turned it clockwise again and drove her. if i listened up really close if i hit the brakes really hard i can almost hear my front tires dragging but not enough for the them to make tire marks and my ass end wasn't coming around so i'm assuming it tuned ok. i know for sure the rear's ain't locking up. but i really don't think i'm ever locked up the front brakes. and i've always rolled to about 35mph and slam on the brakes really hard and still can't lock them up but i am however STOPPING really hard and fast. maybe its due to the newer mustang MC.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/sraocampo/73%20Mustang%20-%20Cobra%20brake%20conversion/
i did forget to include that i planned on using a Tee fitting for the front brakes anyways but when i removed all the plumbing and the MC to get to the other side of the intermediate line (which wouldn't budget either) i discovered the OEM combination valve on one of the ports had the nipple parts cut up and would ensure a leak there and was a no go. i just won't ever have the brake light ever go on anymore. however the new MC has a brake line harness on it, just need to go to a junkyard and find the pig tail for that to tap into the OEM harness.

Last edited:

i did forget to include that i planned on using a Tee fitting for the front brakes anyways but when i removed all the plumbing and the MC to get to the other side of the intermediate line (which wouldn't budget either) i discovered the OEM combination valve on one of the ports had the nipple parts cut up and would ensure a leak there and was a no go. i just won't ever have the brake light ever go on anymore. however the new MC has a brake line harness on it, just need to go to a junkyard and find the pig tail for that to tap into the OEM harness.
Awsome Olie !!! I'm glad you went the way I did ! Looks great !!!

is there anybody who could help me out how to adjust that adjustable prop valve? :angel::angel::angel:

the MC is already prop'ed for a all disc car (2000 V6 mustang) so i'm assuming i don't need too much adjustments. i did however have that thing turned in way reduced yesterday.

any help adjusting this thing would be appreciated. currently, i'm my way home tonight i turned the knob all the way to the right for full flow of the brake fluid, then i turned it to the left for less fluid for 2 turns. it was way more than that yesterday and today.

please help

is there anybody who could help me out how to adjust that adjustable prop valve? :angel::angel::angel:

the MC is already prop'ed for a all disc car (2000 V6 mustang) so i'm assuming i don't need too much adjustments. i did however have that thing turned in way reduced yesterday.

any help adjusting this thing would be appreciated. currently, i'm my way home tonight i turned the knob all the way to the right for full flow of the brake fluid, then i turned it to the left for less fluid for 2 turns. it was way more than that yesterday and today.

please help
Olie..Maybe this will help

"Proportioning Valve Adjustment: The proportioning valve is used to adjust the rate of increase in rear brake line pressure, relative and proportionate to the

increase in front brake line pressure. For safety and performance, the rear brakes should never lock before the front brakes. Otherwise, an out of control situation

could occur.

1. Begin with the valve in the full proportioned (least pressure) position by turning the knob all the way out (counter-clockwise rotation).

2. In a safe location, make several hard stops from 30 MPH observing the function of the rear brakes. If the rear brakes do not lock up before the front, gradually

increase the rear line pressure by rotating the valve clockwise (two turns each time).

3. Continue these adjustments until the maximum amount of rear brake pressure can be achieved, and no wheel rear lock is observed.

4. Test the vehicle again at 50 MPH and make any additional adjustments as needed."

Back