Gateway Classic Mustangs 1971 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
Built 306ci, Nitrous,
Modded C4, 9" rear w/4.57s
Was watching the 1st Detailer's Cup Award competition on Velocity channel and saw a blue 1971 among the crowd. I believe it belongs to Gateway Classic Mustangs. Coyote swapped fastback.

Seen those wheels before and they're starting to grow on me. I like the mix of classic and modern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. If they only made a 351 stroker kit for the Coyote engine. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Coyote engines are cool no doubt but I just don't think they're right for 71-73s......maybe it's just me. Nice car though for sure and I bet the late model engine draws a lot of attention.

I live about 3 miles from their shop. Been in there several times talking about stuff. Good guys!!

I'm diggin' those wheels, for sure. I'm not much on the 18"-19"-20" wheels with 30/35-series tires, but I saw a set of these on their '69 Coyote build (same color and everything) and have always been thinking that if I ever get to the point where it's time to ditch the Cragars, I might go that direction.

Lookin' sharp, for sure! ::thumb::

The amount of metal work required on this car would scare me... I just realized how nice the body on my current restoration was and is after completing the body and paint when comparing to a project such as this. I would much rather pay top dollar (and in my case, I am glad I did) for a good body ininitally if I was going to put the money out on a high $$ project such as this. I went through every picture of the 549... and all I can say is Dynacorn!

Last edited:
Meh - it's not that bad. Mine was worse, actually. :whistling:

At least they were able to get the whole thing 'blasted from the beginning, and had the benefit of so many repop pieces that came out after I'd already done all mine (full quarters, upper & lower cowl panels, firewall, full floor pan, etc.). I "cheated" and cut the entire front clip out of mine, rather than just piece it back together. Go big or go home!

Meh - it's not that bad. Mine was worse, actually. :whistling:

At least they were able to get the whole thing 'blasted from the beginning, and had the benefit of so many repop pieces that came out after I'd already done all mine (full quarters, upper & lower cowl panels, firewall, full floor pan, etc.). I "cheated" and cut the entire front clip out of mine, rather than just piece it back together. Go big or go home!
As I noted... on this one, I will gladly go home and stay there...

Back