Where's My Medication?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
is this guy kidding or what.. $2,200 bucks for ONE door panel.. the previous owner of my stang did a complete update on the '73 i bought.. and it has the same door panels. i really doubt he paid $5000 for 2 panels.. i think u need to shop around.

Its $86.64 shipping plus $614.38 import charges PER PANEL to U.K..... 2 panels Total $5,902.04 or 7,622.91 Aussie dollars

Kinda wish i had a 4 door Mustang at those prices

That's Bob Perkins, who is the head Thoroughbred Guru for the MCA. He also runs a very high end restoration business. Those panels have been up for sale previously, but apparently with no successful bidders.

That's Bob Perkins, who is the head Thoroughbred Guru for the MCA. He also runs a very high end restoration business. Those panels have been up for sale previously, but apparently with no successful bidders.

Hey Steve,

Yeah, your right, i forgot the import tax as well.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Hi Bill, (ragtop)

Gee, i wonder why?:p

Could be Bob has a problem with greed methinks.:chin:

Greg.:)

Yea Bob also has the $8,500 carburetor for boss 351. He helped change MCA rules to fit his cars not what Ford made. That does not sit right with me.

In the collector car world you don't try to sell to the average guy you try to sell to those that restore with a check book. I sold a pair of Black panels last year for $500 for both and if I had the boxes I probably could have sold for NOS they were perfect.

Remember also he can be fishing and that one is bait. Hoping someone will contact him saying they have them for $XXX if he wants them. It works if you really need something put a similar part on eBay for a price nobody will ever pay and see who contacts you.

Hey Steve,

Yeah, your right, i forgot the import tax as well.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Hi Bill,

Gee, i wonder why?:p

Could be Bob has a problem with greed methinks.:chin:

Greg.:)
Aything in life is only worth what someone is willing to pay. With SOME aftermarket items being very good repro items it makes NOS less valuable.

I remember when a company started making under licensce repro 1960's GI JOE in USA and The equivelant Action Man here in the U.K. The price of original 1960's stuff dropped through the floor because it was'nt so rare anymore as collectors could get that rare piece albeit reproduction it finished off someones collection at affordable prices. :D :p

It sounds to me like this Bob Perkins guy is becoming more like the Gas Monkeys as he goes along further. High end restorations or not, he's smokin' crack if he seriously thinks his stuff is worth all that.

Don't get me wrong - the guy is talented and knows stuff. Some of his work has made it into Mustang Monthly, and based on what they show, is quality stuff. Unfortunately, being in the MCA judge position and basically dictating terms and changing standards based on personal achievements is a blatant conflict of interest violation (just because you do a good job at something in one area of involvement, doesn't mean you can simply establish it as a benchmark for all). If the standards were already set, and you exceeded them, that doesn't give automatic license to simply raise the bar to meet your new standards.

Name-brand recognition is also an understandable reason to elevate prices - within reason. Yes, he's good... and yes, he's got mega street-cred in the MCA & restoration arenas. But as others have pointed out: expecting THAT kind of differential is pretty much just pure greed, and a serious lack of character in my book.

Count me as "No longer a fan." :-/

::devil:: Perhaps EVERY MEMBER should send him a message through Ebay an ask if he added the 0(zero) at the end by mistake or words to that effect. Maybe ask him is he smoking crack or if he is abusing his celeb status ::devil::

Bob can be short for Robert. Rob is also short for Robert. You definately gonna get Robbed shopping there :cool:

::devil:: 's Advocate

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if he's also selling an $8500 carb, I'll go out on a limb and venture to say it probably wasn't just an honest mistake. :whistling:

But I like the way you think. ::devil:: lollerz

I'm wondering if Ford did sell the complete door card with trim pieces. I would think you would have to buy the trim pieces separate. I wonder if he assembled this for all NOS parts.

I'm wondering if Ford did sell the complete door card with trim pieces. I would think you would have to buy the trim pieces separate. I wonder if he assembled this for all NOS parts.

That's the way they came from Ford. Just as you see in the ad picture. All you had to do was to install the retainers on the back side, hang it on the door and your done! I have a lot of NOS parts stuck back for "Money Pitt #2's resurrection, but now it looks they are worth more than the car is!!

......Now what did I do with my $8,500.00 carburetor! :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back