AM FM radio conversion. WHo has done tthis???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NG8264723

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang f code MACHI
Purchased in 1997 or so
So I need a radio. I have the factory radio its an am. Nothing fits like the factory radio. I have been researching this and there are a few options out there. The better tuner seems to be made by aurora. The dealers all seem to get about $400 for the conversion. Blue tooth adds more cash. The conversion on mine with blue tooth and a charger and USB port is about $600 and change. What do you guy think? None of the aftermarket look like the factory...

So I need a radio. I have the factory radio its an am. Nothing fits like the factory radio. I have been researching this and there are a few options out there. The better tuner seems to be made by aurora. The dealers all seem to get about $400 for the conversion. Blue tooth adds more cash. The conversion on mine with blue tooth and a charger and USB port is about $600 and change. What do you guy think? None of the aftermarket look like the factory...
Agree that nothing offered looks correct. Close but not close enough for me. Check out this recent related thread for options:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-original-am-fm-radio-repair

Ray

casmfg.com check the slidebar radio designed for our cars. I had an earlier version of one of their radios. worked fine. 300 watts total, $300 bucks. wiring matches oem plugs. easy peesy.

Last edited by a moderator:
casmfg.com check the slidebar radio designed for our cars. I had an earlier version of one of their radios. worked fine. 300 watts total, $300 bucks. wiring matches oem plugs. easy peesy.

Just doesn't look right to me. Here are originals.

1971 Mustang AM FM.JPG

1971 Mustang  AM FM a.JPG

1973/73

1972-1973-mustang-radio-am-fm.jpg

Ray

they are not identical, very true. but they have 300w and bolt in real easily. unlike the radio shack 8 track and sanyo amp i wired to the Jensen 6x9's when i was 17!

Back