The Snot Rocket: Green '73 fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an observation, going back to your engine for a minute. Is it my eyesight, or are the pusrod oil squirt deflectors missing from under the rocker arm bolts? (See page 3, post #50 )They are fairly necessary with the stock "sled type" rocker fulcrums. Check it. Your engine builder should know better.

Last edited:
I have an observation, going back to your engine for a minute. Is it my eyesight, or are the pusrod oil squirt deflectors missing from under the rocker arm bolts? (See page 3, post #50 )They are fairly necessary with the stock "sled type" rocker fulcrums. Check it. Your engine builder should know better.
Yep, they were in the bag of parts they took off the engine and didn't reuse. So I have them here and they're all cleaned up. If I want to, I could stick them back on one day.

Not sure why he left them off. Its a shop run by some old school drag race NHRA guy. I figured they've built tens of thousands of motors by now and had a reason they did things the way they did.

Last edited:
Yep, they were in the bag of parts they took off the engine and didn't reuse. So I have them here and they're all cleaned up. If I want to, I could stick them back on one day.

Not sure why he left them off. Its a shop run by some old school drag race NHRA guy. I figured they've built tens of thousands of motors by now and had a reason they did things the way they did.
Hey brother, I believe I still have a bunch of brand new ones as well from my build. Let me know and I will bring them by your place.

Tom

Hey brother, I believe I still have a bunch of brand new ones as well from my build. Let me know and I will bring them by your place.

Tom
Thank for the offer. The engine shop said it was a conscious decision to not install them. I'm gonna keep running it like it is. I've had them do a handful of engines for me over the years and never had any of them crap on me. I will trust in their experience, and they are the ones warrantying it if something breaks. :D

I little while back I got my carb cheater in and installed in the car. I think I have about 100 miles on it. It seems to be working.

And I passed 500 miles now, which is the break in period for the engine and transmission. I just changed the fluid in both of those guys to the normal stuff.

1698108026460.png

1698108117742.png

My special order seat belts finally got delivered today. The seatbelt companies dont have anything off the shelf thats really close match for the avocado interior. They sent me color samples and I picked the one that looked the best. They do have an option to color match anything, but thats more expensive and takes longer. I just went for something looked decent dark green so it wouldnt show dirt as easily.

The part that is special order is I had them add the drop sashes for the front shoulders so they dont ride up so high they choke you. And then the company that makes the off-the-shelf rear belts with the push button latch is not the one that makes the front ones, even though they are sold on the same website. So if you buy them right off the website, the belts have a different weave pattern between front and rear. I had the same company make them all so they match.

So yay, now I have 3pt belts all around, and the front ones aren't the old skool design that I have to explain to everybody who rides in my car. My wife's been in it several times and still has trouble. But not anymore. And now there's 3pt belts in the back so the kid can finally ride along.

1698888585504.png

1698888650983.png

1698888683430.png

1698888722651.png

Back