• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Aussie 2V 351C Heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin7288

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback
Does anybody have a set of Australian 2V 351C heads for sale? I'm really looking for a bare set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let's straighten this out, Australian 351 2V heads are basically 70-71 US 2V heads, 75cc chambers, just with hardened exhaust seat inserts. The 302 Cleveland heads are the closed chamber heads, no 351 2V engine came from the factory with closed chamber heads, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. With the money you'll spend buying a pair in the US, doing the machine work required, let alone any additional port work, and trust me, the 2V heads need somebody that really know these heads to get the most out of them as they're very turbulent around the .450" lift mark. Even the best porters with many years of experience on these heads will still experience some sort of turbulence with them, just a lot less. To top it all off is the parts needed, even keeping them stock.

Best thing to do is buy a pair of good quality aluminium heads, not pro crap or Speedmaster or any other half priced crap heads, as the price difference all up is very minimal. In fact I saw AFD heads for $1350 bare with free shipping the other day on racing junk. Buy them bare and hunt around for the best price on quality parts, trust me theres some real bargains out there and I've found quite a few for my new build.

If you're really intent on a pair of 302 cc heads then I'll sell you a bare pair cheap, ($50) but the shipping from Australia is the killer though, lol. Seriously just buy the alloys, or a pair of 4V's if you're after real performance. It's not that you can't make big power with the 2V's, as there's plenty of 600-700HP+ 2V engines over here, it's just not economical doing so, especially considering the price of alloy heads.

PS: just read the ad for those heads, talk about slick marketing. I'm amazed they don't make the engine a stroker as well, or buy putting them on you'll gain at least 200 HP or they'll also wash your dishes and cook you a meal. Seriously they're just a 2V head with a closed chamber, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back