Finally got pics of my starting point

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope just a Q Code Mach 1 badged as a Boss 351. But when I first saw it 16 years ago I said I would own it one day and I've been trying to buy it ever since. I've got a long road ahead of me but for me it's worth it.

I'm guessing you have room for it and got that car for a steal. You can always try and see what you can do. I'd love to be in your shoes to be able to do the same. Enjoy! :)

The car was free. So after wanting it for so long I'm really out nothing trying to save it. Hell if nothing else it will be a learning experience

Now, that's the spirit! Many would run away from such challenge!

The bright side: someone dismantled it for you, no need spend energy on that.

The dark side: The same guy did not tell you where the parts are, where they go and why that little bracket is missing.

The practice, doing a resto from scratch, starts as car is bare naked on jacks. Not that far from where you are now.

That you have a little hole in panel or an open gap, you still need to weld some fresh metal. The challenge will be to protect your wallet

from the temptation to buy loads of replacement parts and instead salvage, save, repair, make, paint, refurbish, restore as many parts as you can.

In some cases, like the very rusty hood I see on picts, it's the exact reverse.

In the end, this car will be like no other car. Your car!

As DK73 said, really looking forward following up your progresses!

Hat off sir!

At the very least I'll have a story to tell. Even if I have to sink 20k into it that's still cheaper than what these go for around here

So be it. Around here classic muscle cars tend to be pricey. I'll plunk away at this one and see where I end up.

So be it. Around here classic muscle cars tend to be pricey. I'll plunk away at this one and see where I end up.

Awesome! I just started a 71 Mach 1 project that is a bit daunting. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude!  Nice car!  You got this... it's totally doable (I speak from experience - click on the 'Visit My Garage' button in my signature below).

Don't let your friends wear you out - it'll take some time, money, patience, and a lot of hard work, but you'll get there.

Mine was 'just and H-Code,' and most everybody I knew gave me crap about it as I went along... and they're eating their words now.  The guys here have been my biggest resource for advice and encouragement since I joined the day after I brought mine home - we're here for ya!

Keep us posted, ask any questions that you can think of, and stay focused.   ::thumb::

Back