Hello from Orange County, CA

ocsurfer411

Hey, I'm Jason.

Just acquired a 1973 Mustang Convertible in June of 2017 that's been graphic'd up to look like a Mach 1. She looks pretty and has a new 351C, but still needs some additional work to be "perfect" in my eyes. I don't mean show perfect, I don't ever need her to be a show car...just a little more work to make her something I don't feel I need to do "that next thing" to (if that state of mind even can ever be achieved).

I joined the OC Mustang Club, but haven't yet attended an event (but I shall).

Shout out to me if you're close by and want to have a look sometime (and show me your Mustang).

Jason

3_pics.jpg

Hello from Mississippi. Jason, that is one sharp looking drop top. Looking at your car helps validate the argument of why didn't Ford ever go ahead and build a Mach 1 convertible?! Welcome aboard.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Looks great. Looks like a 71/72 grill and bumper but still looks good.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina.

Your car must have been crashed in front and they put 71 - 72 front end on like already mentioned.

You could get the side stripes and argent hood stripe, NASA hood a and hood locks on a vert. No spoilers on verts though. I am sure they cut holes in the inner reinforcement to put nuts on.

The only things on a Mach 1 that you could not get on your vert was, Mach 1 sports interior, The plastic inserts in the front carpet, the honey comb panel on the tail light panel and the words Mach 1. None of those added any performance. Mach 1 was an appearance package you had to add other options to get performance.

The rear of the car is 73 with the rear bumper moved back and the rubber fillers on each side between bumper and quarter. You also have the 73 tail lights.

I do love a blue and argent car they do pop and yours is a really nice car.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Howdy from Phoenix. That is a really good looking ride. Welcome to the board. Lots of friendly and helpful people here.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jason!

Great looking car, and welcome to the "Clydesdale Club"!   :D

Whereabouts in OC are you? I'm an Inland Empire transplant from Huntington Beach, myself.

We have a great little, fairly active, club out here called Inland Empire Classic Mustang Club (I'm a founding member and past Vice Pres. of) that you'd be welcome to come hang with any time.  

Here's my '71:

JoJQld.jpg

L14RbN.jpg

DSC1KE.jpg

Ham & Eggs: A day's work for a chicken, a life-altering experience for a pig.

'71 Grande, 351C Ram Air w/ Edelbrock carb and intake, 2 1/2" exhaust w/ DynaMax mufflers, NACA hood, front spoiler, 235/60-15 Radial T/As on 15x8 Vision Legend Five wheels, mostly new interior, several custom touches in and out...

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A belated 'hello' from Phoenix. Great looking car. I used to live in Tustin but that was before I was old enough to drive. I still remember the neighbor who bought a Mach 1 new.

I also have a convertible and love it. I imagine having one in Orange County is awesome with all of the nice weather!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]