Niagra Falls

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody up for a meeting at Niagra Falls Sunday July 3 2011? I think we will be heading up to Boardman Ohio on the 2nd then to the falls on Sunday. Mach 1 will not be done so guess the back up plan is the 5.0. Give me some feed back guys.

Anybody up for a meeting at Niagra Falls Sunday July 3 2011? I think we will be heading up to Boardman Ohio on the 2nd then to the falls on Sunday. Mach 1 will not be done so guess the back up plan is the 5.0. Give me some feed back guys.
Sounds like a good time! Don't think I want to push the '79 pickup that far. Give me 4 years and the Mach may be ready for that trip!

By the way, what is your take on the new 5.0? Is the HP up there respectable like I've been reading? I know it's not pushrods, but what's your opinion?

Sounds like a good time! Don't think I want to push the '79 pickup that far. Give me 4 years and the Mach may be ready for that trip!

By the way, what is your take on the new 5.0? Is the HP up there respectable like I've been reading? I know it's not pushrods, but what's your opinion?
Without traction control on and getting on it hard from take off 1st and 2nd are kinda useless. Pulls real hard all the way to 7,000rpm and is still pulling when the rev limiter kicks in. So I guess I would say Yeah its fun.

I'd love to come, but I don't think my car will manage the Pacific Ocean too well and might not make it far past New Zealand.

I did have the fortunate opportunity in January 1991 to visit Niagra Falls. It was magnificent, but very very very very cold......

Sounds like a great idea but can't make it on Sunday July 3rd. My car wouldn't make that trip yet either but I would still go if not or other commitments. I'll try to make it next time though.

Roy is that date set in stone? Because as usual I'm working that weekend....but I can always try and get it off.
Will double check and get back with you, could possibly do it on that Monday. Just putting feelers out for the best day. Sunday or monday.3rd or 4th.

Roy, I would love to, the shortest way there for me is through Canada. Unfortunately my passport is in escrow for a work trip to China at the end of July. Visas are a pain. Going via Ohio and Pennsylvania adds almost a 3rd to the trip. I do think my car would be able to make the trip though.

I'd love to come, but I don't think my car will manage the Pacific Ocean too well and might not make it far past New Zealand.

I did have the fortunate opportunity in January 1991 to visit Niagra Falls. It was magnificent, but very very very very cold......
Ah, if these blokes could do it so can you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy, I would love to, the shortest way there for me is through Canada. Unfortunately my passport is in escrow for a work trip to China at the end of July. Visas are a pain. Going via Ohio and Pennsylvania adds almost a 3rd to the trip. I do think my car would be able to make the trip though.
Man that just sucks

I took the family up there a few years ago and stayed in Thorold Canada for a week not far from Niagara Falls. Really a neat place to visit! You guys have fun!

Back