Finally got my trunk done

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1973machi

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach I
Here is the finished product on my trunk update.  I made the panels and taillight covers and then had a local upholster shop cover them to match the TMI Sport R seat covers in the car.  He put the suede accents separated with chrome strips and the blue stitching.  The fold down door inside the trunk has the latches and a mustang cut out with a plasma cutter.  There is a mirror polished stainless steel piece glued behind it.  On the inside of the door I replaced the carpet with the same suede material and had the tri bar mustang emblem embroidered in it.

image url

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! & ROCKIN...........love the leather

is that a set of subs aimed back?

What is that running pony? And do you have a plan for a sparre tire in there ?  I'm starting to look for a space saver that I can squeeze in mine.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! & ROCKIN...........love the leather

is that a set of subs aimed back?

What is that running pony? And do you have a plan for a sparre tire in there ?  I'm starting to look for a space saver that I can squeeze in mine.
No subs.  I thought about doing some in the panels behind the quarters.  Maybe someday.  The horse is cut out of 1/8" thick aluminum and then powder coated.  I have never had a spare in the car.

That's one gorgeous trunk!

Makes me want to learn that sewing kung fu even more!

How is the wood structure kept in place?

And how you proceed to change a lightbulb if needed? Some hinges?

Looks very nice!

Back