Homemade adj strut rods

Hi Jay, with the bushing in the front, are you concerned the bracket may rotate out of the vertical position? I'm thinking the bushing would not allow proper tightening.

I'm not trying to be critical just looking for the best results with your (and eventually my) set-up.

I'm with you on the bushing..no need for it...Nice project if you have the time..& skill to fabricate them properly..If you look at the ones i installed in my car http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-Adjustable-Strut-Rods-pr-16135.html there is no comparison to the homemade ones..Suspension components are just one of those things I feel you should buy the best that you can afford..I drive my cars hard & there's something to be said for peace of mind.

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

I read through the posts of the this thread to make sure my questions was answered. I believe that I need to ask the question differently! So, I understand that is a nice upgrade, if one can afford it or make it themselves. I also understand how the geometry of the front end works. Will e responded that he could not really tell of road noise due to his mustang configuration. Qcode351mach also brings in a good point.

I had installed a set of poly strut rod bushings on my 1973 coupe. As we all know, the roads that we travel are not the smoothest and best maintained. There are imperfections, pot holes, and just plain bad asphalt. As I remembered on the ploy strut bushings, I remember how harsh the vibration transfer was to the entire front end and cabin of the car going down the road. I could see the dash and about everything else vibrate and it was not a pleasant ride.

Who has driven their mustang with this type of strut rods installed for a period of time? Did you notice any harshness or vibration transfer to the cabin while driving?

Thank You for your input!

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne