Tilt Wheel Lever cover

Can someone post a picture of what it looks like around the area where the Turn Signal / Tilt lever comes out of the steering column.

P1010030.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I am trying to figure out how best to cover this, unless the cover is available somewhere ? 

Here is my first prototype :)

P1010029.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Edited by mudbilly

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

nice, thanks,

now i gotta determine if i want to give myself a $35 christmas present, or continue trying to hack sometthing up. I know the one i make would have to be glued in, since I can't make it snap in like the original. And I already bought a thin piece of aluminum.

If I copy the shape of the original, it would be way easier than trying to make the slot like I was trying to do.

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Well, After a little thought I decided that I was such a good boy this year that I deserve a Christmas present. The piece from ebay is on it's way.

thanks for that link

3 hours ago, mudbilly said:

Well, After a little thought I decided that I was such a good boy this year that I deserve a Christmas present. The piece from ebay is on it's way.

thanks for that link

Merry Christmas... 

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Hey I'm glad it worked out for you!!! Merry Christmas!!

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

• 2 weeks later...

Got the part, perfect condition, and then i snapped in in half trying to get it past the rats nest of wires that i have in the column. A little bit of glue makes it not quite visible from 30 feet once it dries enough for me to scrape off the excess.

DSC_3075.jpg

:classic_angry:

:classic_sad: It's made out of ABS you can glue it back with black ABS cement. Reinforce the back with small pieces of something like a paper clip forming a stitch pattern sinking them into the ABS using a soldering pencil then covering with the cement. once dry sand the front side with 600 wet/dry sandpaper and paint with SEM interior charcoal paint for plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aE-f6ryCWU

abs cement.jpg

Edited by rio1856

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

• 4 months later...

It can be repaired