Heater water control valve

Valve is in the open mode when no vacuum is applied.  Had to tie mine shut due to a leak somewhere in the lines.  Another project on the list.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Section 36-32-02 of the shop manual has it, vacuum keeps it closed.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

It is always good to have one of these in the tool box just in case the heater box breaks in the middle of nowhere. Off course, it helps to have tapped 5/8" nipples to quickly connect the hoses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C2W9TQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61aeDKGICEL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.8eca5cdebadc83b969bed09fcbf05eff.jpg

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like one of those medical problems, lol. I kept two solid plugs to go in the ends of hose.
BTW if you put new core in and it is aluminum add a ground wire to prevent early failure. Ford sent a service bulletin in the 80's about the issue.

• LOL 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

That looks like one of those medical problems, lol. I kept two solid plugs to go in the ends of hose.
BTW if you put new core in and it is aluminum add a ground wire to prevent early failure. Ford sent a service bulletin in the 80's about the issue.

Is the aluminum or copper one better? 

It's been a while since I've been into the heater/AC system, but I believe the heater valve is always open, all except for when the A/C is selected on the dashboard slider, which sends vacuum to the valve to shut off hot water when cooled air is running through the heater/AC box. Anyone else find this to be true?

• 2 weeks later...

Is the valve closed in the vent position too? 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]