fan on car now is a 5 blade 17 inch. some traffic lights in town are very long, temp gauge goes up some sitting soo long and with summer here it does not help. thinking about a flex a lite 6 blade or 7 blade. kind of like to stay with mechanical fan, has correct 351c thermostat, new 3 core radiator with stock shroud. what are you running?

Awesome to hear, I just went the same direction but the car is not together yet. 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Just for information, here is the link to the thread on the update I did, that is working very well. It's a bit long chose what you need.

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/37384-revisiting-installing-a-hayden-2710-fan-clutch-and-derale-17118-fan/?do=getNewComment

• Like 1

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

On 5/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, 164runner said:

update has 18 inch fan. hard to measure in car

Stay away from any type of flex fan, especially from a junk yard or anything used. I've commented many times on how dangerous flex fans can be. I've seen the aftermath of them blowing up on test rigs and it ain't pretty. I personally would never trust them, new or used.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

• 2 weeks later...

164 runner,

you did not state if you have an ac car or not.

ac cars and non ac cars use different diameter water pump pulleys and the ac pulley is smaller and turns faster.

I had this same issue with my 408 C (429 radiator and shroud) went to the local pick and pull and got a pulley for an ac car, (as i remember it was a 71 LTD w 400 engine and problem solved.  also using clutched fan.

you would also have to install shorter belt with the smaller pulley.

Boilermaster

On 6/6/2021 at 8:54 AM, boilermaster said:

164 runner,

you did not state if you have an ac car or not.

ac cars and non ac cars use different diameter water pump pulleys and the ac pulley is smaller and turns faster.

I had this same issue with my 408 C (429 radiator and shroud) went to the local pick and pull and got a pulley for an ac car, (as i remember it was a 71 LTD w 400 engine and problem solved.  also using clutched fan.

you would also have to install shorter belt with the smaller pulley.

Boilermaster

its ac car. I also have a 408c. have a spare 351c, check the pulley on that one