05 vs 02 Body code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Thanks...I know that.....I was wondering if there were SPECIFIC differences, and what they were.....

As far as the body is concerned the ONLY difference is 3 digits (5-2=3). The Machs had stiffer suspension as standard equipment the regular sportsroofs got that as an option.

Bodies are the same. I was a member of a classic mustang forum and the administrator/ moderator of that forum tried to tell me that the two where completely different bodies and parts would not interchange between the two ( as i was looking for a few parts and a member had some from a 02 vin car, mine being an 05 vin ) i told him he was wrong, and he stated that Ford would not use the same body and just stick a different name or badges on it. Needless to say i am not a member there any more

That is what I thought...Just a way to tell the Line workers what to install or not...Like the Honeycomb in the Tail light panel...

Back