• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

14 x 7 Hurst Wheels w/ Ford bolt pattern

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
65 Mustang
72 Mustang Fastback
What should I start bidding at?

In February/March I’m going to list a set of 14 x 7 Hurst rims (Ford bolt pattern) and original shipping cans for a friend on eBay. They have been in storage for the last 18 years. Before that they were used on a 1962 Mopar and 1971 Mustang coupe.

It’s my understanding they have been in the cans more than a car.

Figured you may have insight on the market.

Thanks

Mike

Hurst Wheel Set.jpg

It's gonna take a special buyer, but I wouldn't take anything less than $2,000.00 for them. They are rare, complete, and very good condition. Someone out there would love to have them on their 1960's hot rod!

Travis

In the for what it's worth catagory, here is a set on eBay in pretty lousy shape with a steep asking price. Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hurst-Wheels-Rims-Set-Of-4-GTO-GM-Ford-Mopar-Mustang-GTX-Road-Runner-/120991257586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1c2ba413f2&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - they are cool and unique - especially with those cans! I'd like to have those cans for my shop!

Ray
+1 That's what I was thinking too. I didn't even know you could buy a can of wheels.

Mike,

These kind of 60's/70's icons are gaining value. Alot of people (myself included) would love to just have a set like this in their possesion because it is such an recognizable part of the 60's car culture. There is a guy on eBay now selling a nice set of (more common) 15x8 and 15x10 American Racing 200s (coke bottle or daisy wheels) asking like $2,400.

I think $2k might be a little low to start unless you have a higher reserve.

Good luck with your sale!

Never knew of them until seeing this thread. Without a doubt, the nicest, most refined looking 5-spoke rim I've ever seen when mounted:

65_00143_2.jpg

Hot Wheels' original 1968 Redline rims bear a striking resemblance to them, I might add (more so than other 5-spokes of the time):

161425422_hot-wheels-redline-wheels-small-hk-blk-bearing-set-of-4.jpg

-Kurt

What should I start bidding at?

In February/March I’m going to list a set of 14 x 7 Hurst rims (Ford bolt pattern) and original shipping cans for a friend on eBay. They have been in storage for the last 18 years. Before that they were used on a 1962 Mopar and 1971 Mustang coupe.

It’s my understanding they have been in the cans more than a car.

Figured you may have insight on the market.

Thanks

Mike
Bolt pattern is the same for Dodge Chrysler Plymouth. Make sure you advertise to that market since they will probably pay more. I think Hurst and Mopar go together more than Fords.

Remember the Hurst hemi darts and barracudas....

Good luck

Latest posts

Back