1971 FORD 429 4V and Transmission for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMonte

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss Mustang
2003 Cobra Mustang
I have 1971 429 4v from a Thunderbird. I am selling it as a total unit. It does not have a carburetor but does have a C6 transmission, radiator, and driveshaft. The car had 69000 miles on it and was driven by old people. There was a Mel Torme cassette in the player. I want $1000.00 cash and I am firm on the price. I am in RI and I will not break up the set. It must be picked up and I will not ship it. It ran last about 10 years ago. I fogged the engine with oil when it was shut down. BEE COOL

The car had 69000 miles on it and was driven by old people.
as a side note, I'm not THAT old, but I don't know why people assume old people have light right feet!! :D
I actually met a mature lady with a 429 t-bird at a meeting a few years back and she told me that she really loved the way it was accelerating...

Why, of why do you tempt me so? I have absolutely no need to replace the 302 2v in our currently awesome, very low miles (21,000 original miles) 73 Mustang Convertible with a huge 429 and C6 tranny... No need whatsoever. But, this is where the brain and the heart begin to part company... Have you found a buyer for the engine and tranny yet?

We are retired, and RI is not that far to go from Rochester, NY. Not for that kind of powertrain. And I have a spare carburetor that would fit on the 429 just fine (750 CFM Holley). I also have a 73 Mach 1 with any already powerful enough street/strip 351 and transplanted AOD the 429 and C6 would fit into nicely...

Man, what the hell am I thinking? Okay, seriously, is it available still?

Why, of why do you tempt me so? I have absolutely no need to replace the 302 2v in our currently awesome, very low miles (21,000 original miles) 73 Mustang Convertible with a huge 429 and C6 tranny... No need whatsoever. But, this is where the brain and the heart begin to part company... Have you found a buyer for the engine and tranny yet?

We are retired, and RI is not that far to go from Rochester, NY. Not for that kind of powertrain. And I have a spare carburetor that would fit on the 429 just fine (750 CFM Holley). I also have a 73 Mach 1 with any already powerful enough street/strip 351 and transplanted AOD the 429 and C6 would fit into nicely...

Man, what the hell am I thinking? Okay, seriously, is it available still?
My wife's cousin has a 68 and 70, I think t-birds, both complete, a lot closer than RI. Try Phelps, NY

I have 1971 429 4v from a Thunderbird. I am selling it as a total unit. It does not have a carburetor but does have a C6 transmission, radiator, and driveshaft. The car had 69000 miles on it and was driven by old people. There was a Mel Torme cassette in the player. I want $1000.00 cash and I am firm on the price. I am in RI and I will not break up the set. It must be picked up and I will not ship it. It ran last about 10 years ago. I fogged the engine with oil when it was shut down. BEE COOL
I am very interested if you still have this. Please advise.

Back