1972 Convertible Q code, 4 speed, Ram Air, A/C, Marti Report/Window Sticker Pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyxffyg

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible 4-speed "Q" code
Just purchased this little jewel. Has good paperwork including documented 45,500 miles, incredible no rust condition. Has been painted once and top has been replaced. Wheels have been added also, cant find them on the option sheet anyway. Trunk lid is not a perfect fit. The ram air and front and rear spoilers were add at dealership when new. Actually it was a graduation gift for a ford dealers son in Mississippi. The original owner is still practicing medicine in the little town in south AL that I live near. Small world. I actually have a magazine article on this very car , March 2006 "Mustang Enthusiast". Sorry about the pics.
Thanks,
1688687862196.jpeg

1688687906198.jpeg
1688687988254.jpeg 1688688017318.jpeg

1688688099430.jpeg1688688152970.jpeg

1688688193713.jpeg1688688227713.jpeg1688688273930.jpeg

1688688315689.jpeg1688688342081.jpeg

very nice and well equipped car. Great to have the paperwork and the story behind it. How did you find the car available for sale?
It was listed on eBay and the seller was about an hour from my house. eBay reserve was not me so ended up working a deal with the seller.

I'm not normally a fan of rear spoilers on a convertible but this car wears it well. Looks great in black and pewter too...
This is a beautiful survivor that reminds me a lot of our car except I think it’s even nicer. I think it’s great when you have a stick in a convertible, you just don’t see them that often, most are automatics.
I totally agree on the spoiler, though. I believe the spoilers were designed to work with the Sportsroof body style, not a convertible or coupe body style, and since it’s non-functional as far as I can see, I don’t see the point of putting one on a convertible or a coupe. On the other hand, as ib4stangs stated, this car wears it well..

This is a beautiful survivor that reminds me a lot of our car except I think it’s even nicer. I think it’s great when you have a stick in a convertible, you just don’t see them that often, most are automatics.
I totally agree on the spoiler, though. I believe the spoilers were designed to work with the Sportsroof body style, not a convertible or coupe body style, and since it’s non-functional as far as I can see, I don’t see the point of putting one on a convertible or a coupe. On the other hand, as ib4stangs stated, this car wears it well..
I have to agree with you regarding the spoilers. They sure look better on the fastbacks than any other model.

Our 73 vert is also a beautifully preserved survivor Winthrop just 21,000 original miles on it. It was. Fairly basic vert with auto tranny and a 302. The only other options were an AM radio and the body protection group (rear bumper fire and body side molding strips). We added classic air A/C and did some other creatures comfort (and tasteful) upgrades. But the car itself is largely unmolested. Having been barn stored for over 40 years left the body and underside in perfect condition. Original paint.

Despite our vert being such a nice car, with all the really nice factory options with your build leaves me with my tongue hanging out. I agree with the suggestion above to drive it. Enjoy it. And definitely be prepared for a lot of compliments. Thank you for sharing. It is always nice to see other pony cars out there that are well preserved.

I'm curious as to how the spoiler was mounted. The convertible deck lid has a different rib pattern inside which conflicts with the placement of the pedestals. Most installations I have seen involved hammering the ribs under the decklid to get them shaped to accept the bolts for the pedestals.

I'm curious as to how the spoiler was mounted. The convertible deck lid has a different rib pattern inside which conflicts with the placement of the pedestals. Most installations I have seen involved hammering the ribs under the decklid to get them shaped to accept the bolts for the pedestals.
Now I need to check how mine is mounted....probably just velcro

I have never looked how others are mounted but here's a couple of pics.

1689969659828.png
1689969723575.png

I wonder why they left the studs so long? The black caps look great, but why not cut the studs down just long enough for the caps to cover them? It would look more like it was meant to be that way IMHO.
That is a fair question. I wondered the same thing.

Back